Car-spotting thread

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Indy to Morgantown, WV via Boone County, KY and KY-8 and OH-7, both Ohio River scenic byways. 400ish miles. I stopped at the historic site because it was also the nickname of @jimvreeland in high school.

I followed a Panamera at ludicrous speeds for about 30 miles. I love this car for 22K.

Stopping at Bucknell tomorrow for a men's basketball game then heading home. Should be about 1850 miles all in.

20211127_113130.jpg20211127_112655.jpg20211127_112710.jpg20211127_113201.jpg20211127_165410.jpg

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Indy to Morgantown, WV via Boone County, KY and KY-8 and OH-7, both Ohio River scenic byways. 400ish miles. I stopped at the historic site because it was also the nickname of @jimvreeland in high school.

I followed a Panamera at ludicrous speeds for about 30 miles. I love this car for 22K.

Stopping at Bucknell tomorrow for a men's basketball game then heading home. Should be about 1850 miles all in.

View attachment 171842View attachment 171843View attachment 171844View attachment 171845View attachment 171846

I got that name after your Mom changed her's to double big bone lick. We were quite a team.

THATmanMANNY

I love green sports cars

My friend went from a M2 to 997.2 Carrera (one year?) and now in the M4. I don’t think it’s this 700hp iteration but something about M cars. Most tend to stay in that camp.

I’ve always been the “fvcking beemer drivers” but I’ve slowly become one… after this week I will have had a few.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Zach Wilson posted the M3 he just got. Neither are for me.

View attachment 171854
That’s Isle of Man green.
1) I spent summers on the Isle of Man as a kid. My grandparents retired there. The TT racers used to fly right by their house. There’s lots of green there, but I don’t recall this shade 😁
2) still not a fan of the grille. 😢 others who once hated it have started to come around. I doubt I’ll be one of them.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Out with the old…
…and in with the blue.

New to my my son ‘16 2ss. I don’t know much about these he says it has every option except for the something exhaust npp valve bs. Rides like shit can’t wait for him to replace the run flat tires. He removed all his trinkets from the old one and they’ll be on this one ASAP.

Attachments

• 1CF435C4-2CA8-422E-8216-C5CB3D6025B9.jpeg
    1CF435C4-2CA8-422E-8216-C5CB3D6025B9.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 24
  • D09FDFC5-F3C2-4043-A922-DA36FF37DD12.jpeg
    D09FDFC5-F3C2-4043-A922-DA36FF37DD12.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 24

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Episode 31 is worth a listen if you are a GT car geek.

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
Just unveiled today.. the new XM from WTF, er, BMW. More oversized ugly nostrils. First the 7series, then the X7, then the M3, 4 series, IX4, now this. ☹️😡. They’ve lost their minds.

AB3804D0-DA56-450A-B013-6371C11F49AB.png

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
I guess the other option that he doesn't have is the Magnetic Ride Control then? ;)
I don’t know if it does or doesn’t. He was messing around with some modes of something on the way home. Bottom line is that getting rid of the run flats makes a huge difference. I hated driving or riding in his other Camaro until he swapped tires.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Zach Wilson posted the M3 he just got. Neither are for me.

View attachment 171854
about as ugly as his QB play....If I were him I would get the paint color change on the schedule for next year.

Its too bad, because the back of the car actually looks pretty good, but you can never fix that grille. I hope for the sake of the people who bought these....BMW just stays with it and forces people to eventually like it....If they realize their mistake and change it...like say the 2000 911 (996), or the chris bangle bmws, or the mustang II, or the toyota celica, etc etc...where they introduced the new design...it was PANNED and they changed it pretty quickly....it REALLY hurts the value...and not like your buying an M3 to make money on it, but its always nice to be able to buy a car, drive it for a while and not have it TANK in value.

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
about as ugly as his QB play....If I were him I would get the paint color change on the schedule for next year.

Its too bad, because the back of the car actually looks pretty good, but you can never fix that grille. I hope for the sake of the people who bought these....BMW just stays with it and forces people to eventually like it....If they realize their mistake and change it...like say the 2000 911 (996), or the chris bangle bmws, or the mustang II, or the toyota celica, etc etc...where they introduced the new design...it was PANNED and they changed it pretty quickly....it REALLY hurts the value...and not like your buying an M3 to make money on it, but its always nice to be able to buy a car, drive it for a while and not have it TANK in value.
Sadly I think BMW is going all-in on ugly. The mega-mouth grilles continue to proliferate. Note the recently announced XM concept SUV 🤮

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That’s Isle of Man green.
1) I spent summers on the Isle of Man as a kid. My grandparents retired there. The TT racers used to fly right by their house. There’s lots of green there, but I don’t recall this shade 😁
2) still not a fan of the grille. 😢 others who once hated it have started to come around. I doubt I’ll be one of them.
Thats an amazing place to spend summers......I cant think of a better race course to be a spectator on. So question, when I watch the race on TV, its hard to get a perspective of the island....when these TTs are happening (because there is more than just the motorcycle TT) is the whole island shut down? can you get from place to place?

Top Bottom