Car-spotting thread

I'm disappointed that it isn't Green or Orange or Purple. White is a little too Classy for a GT3, it's supposed to be obnoxious. It's the Porsche you buy if you had a Civic with a TypeR badge in High School.

Just kidding because I is Jelly.

Ok, so I'm in Massachusetts (yes, against their travel ban/advisory/whatever). Refundable deposit left. REALLY hopes this works out as it's the right car and the right seller. He's moving on to a GT2RS that his friend is selling.

@jimvreeland, when you text me about the GT3RS that buzzed by you today, I was passing the Welcome to Massachusetts sign coming to eyeball this!

2015 GT3
9,975 miles
Carrara White Metallic (sorry @rick81721)
Extended leather with deviated red stitching
PDLS Headlights
Front axle lift
4-way seats (I find them the most comfy)
Graphite silver wheels
Bose audio
Navigation and HD Radio
Red seat belts
New Cup 2s with only 3K miles
Full PPF and full Ceramic Coating (XPEL)
Minty clean and full service records back to 2015
PDK (sorry @rick81721)
20 months left on the CPO warranty
Extended Engine Warranty until 8/2024
Full PPI done this week notes nothing other than a slightly loose rear window trim that could be resolved under CPO warranty.
Only thing it needs is a brake flush. Not sure why it wasn't address earlier. Fully stock, no tunes, no exhaust.
Priced where it should be at 125. I offered 122, 123, and 124. Bumped elbows at 125 with 3 other potential buyer waiting on my decision.
Hope to wire the funds on Monday for a Tuesday pickup before the Wednesday storm. But we shall see if that happens,

Anyways. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

View attachment 145141View attachment 145142View attachment 145143View attachment 145144View attachment 145145View attachment 145146View attachment 145147View attachment 145148View attachment 145149View attachment 145150
GSTim Approved. White is not a fav of mine, but I'll let this one slide because it has cool wheels. ;)

See @Patrick , this is how it's done, not a year and a half and 16 pages with nothing. :D

Ok, so I'm in Massachusetts (yes, against their travel ban/advisory/whatever). Refundable deposit left. REALLY hopes this works out as it's the right car and the right seller. He's moving on to a GT2RS that his friend is selling.

@jimvreeland, when you text me about the GT3RS that buzzed by you today, I was passing the Welcome to Massachusetts sign coming to eyeball this!

2015 GT3
9,975 miles
Carrara White Metallic (sorry @rick81721)
Extended leather with deviated red stitching
PDLS Headlights
Front axle lift
4-way seats (I find them the most comfy)
Graphite silver wheels
Bose audio
Navigation and HD Radio
Red seat belts
New Cup 2s with only 3K miles
Full PPF and full Ceramic Coating (XPEL)
Minty clean and full service records back to 2015
PDK (sorry @rick81721)
20 months left on the CPO warranty
Extended Engine Warranty until 8/2024
Full PPI done this week notes nothing other than a slightly loose rear window trim that could be resolved under CPO warranty.
Only thing it needs is a brake flush. Not sure why it wasn't address earlier. Fully stock, no tunes, no exhaust.
Priced where it should be at 125. I offered 122, 123, and 124. Bumped elbows at 125 with 3 other potential buyer waiting on my decision.
Hope to wire the funds on Monday for a Tuesday pickup before the Wednesday storm. But we shall see if that happens,

Anyways. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

View attachment 145141View attachment 145142View attachment 145143View attachment 145144View attachment 145145View attachment 145146View attachment 145147View attachment 145148View attachment 145149View attachment 145150

Hope it works out! Hey I saw the same car driving back from Hackettstown yesterday. Same color, same wing. I was wondering exactly what it was.

@Carson ...is that just "White" ...or is it a "pearl White " ??......hard to tell from the pix ...but badass either way ...hope it works out for for you

I'm disappointed that it isn't Green or Orange or Purple. White is a little too Classy for a GT3, it's supposed to be obnoxious. It's the Porsche you buy if you had a Civic with a TypeR badge in High School.

Just kidding because I is Jelly.

These are so hard to find priced right with the right options and not ragged on. I was basically going to take anything but black.

Book on this one is 127. Plus CPO. Plus 4 new tires and a PDK flush. Plus $7000 in PPF and ceramic. Plus he paid for the PPI. And 100% stock with the right options for me. And it's not a total garage queen with no miles so I won't be afraid to use it. 125 seemed right and fair for both parties. As silly as that sounds. The dealer who maintains it offered him 115.

@Carson ...is that just "White" ...or is it a "pearl White " ??......hard to tell from the pix ...but badass either way ...hope it works out for for you

Pearl. It has a lot of flake in it. I was surprised how visible it is through the PPF.

These are so hard to find priced right with the right options and not ragged on. I was basically going to take anything but black.

Book on this one is 127. Plus CPO. Plus 4 new tires and a PDK flush. Plus $7000 in PPF and ceramic. Plus he paid for the PPI. And 100% stock with the right options for me. And it's not a total garage queen with no miles so I won't be afraid to use it. 125 seemed right and fair for both parties. As silly as that sounds. The dealer who maintains it offered him 115.

Pearl. It has a lot of flake in it. I was surprised how visible it is through the PPF.

You can always get it wrapped!

abstract-porsche-911-gt3-rs-wrap-looks-bewitching-121166_1.jpg

Porsche-911-GT3-RS-in-LEGO-Technic-wrap-1.jpg

Relax, you don't need to convince us that buying a GT3 is the right thing to do. ;)

Just curious, why did they replace the tires with only ~10K miles? Age?

Relax, you don't need to convince us that buying a GT3 is the right thing to do. ;)

LOL that I know. It was to justify the price. I have seen some nice ones (the GT3T was gorgeous but 180) but this one seemed to be a good value as well. Hell, if I drive it for 2 years and sell for 110, to me that would be money well spent! I guess we will see what the 992 GT3s do to 991 values.

Cup 2s. They just wear out. My guess is the insides were trashed.

More or less. He bought the car in August with 7K miles on it. The dealer agreed to replace the tires are part of the sale as they were 5/32 in the rear.

Did I mention why he is selling? He had a medical issue this year (seemed to be a cancer scare but he didn't get into details) and changed his outlook on life. Bought the GT3. He had been a M-car guy in his 30s and 40s while living on the West Coast. He's now 52. He is only selling because he also sold his boat this fall AND his friend is selling him his GT2RS in the spring. His wife was visibly distressed about the sale. Not sure if it's for the love of the GT3 or the expense of the GT2RS.

Back
Top Bottom