Car-spotting thread

Questioning the crooked and newer turbo medallion. A70s were the JT cars from the late 80s I liked the most along with Starions. This one looks like an 88, 89, 90. @Paul H had one, what's your guess, real turbo?
Wow.... good memory!
Based on the 3 pc spoiler... should be a turbo... but then again... doesn't take much for a spoiler.

Last edited:
Breakfast with my daughter yesterday. She has taken a slight interest in cars lately, 911s in particular, and was excited for later that morning.

cobra-breakfast.jpeg

My buddy traded his Tesla Model S P90 on a '13 911 4S Cab. 27k miles. Looks brand new. Totally sight-unseen from a Chicago used car dealer. He sent them a bunch of pics of his S and paid a pro to inspect the 911. The car had never been redlined! Until yesterday, that is. A truck picked up his S a few days ago and the 911 showed up yesterday morning. A group of us immediately descended on his house, as you do.

dave-911.jpg

Random stuff you don't see every day. Here's the back of the A pillar trim on my 360. Things look a little less nice from this side... Like 95% of the interior, it's fiberglass wrapped in leather. The little tab is riveted in place.

360-trim.jpg

Here's the A pillar, up towards the top. The welder is not graded on aesthetics. The wire is for the Bluetooth mic. Rest assured, the metallic tape is Ferrari-approved. That's exactly how the wire bundles are located on the passenger side, except I was a little more neat about it. :)

360-a-pillar.jpg

@Dingo hope the recovery is going well....

So update...
I removed the .090 jets (stole my wife fancy hand dyson for the one on the drivers side which was stubborn coming out) and replaced them with .070s. Started up, lifters ticked for ~30 seconds or so then quieted down. Didnt see any smoke. Let the car warm up and took it for a 15 min drive around town...no smoke, no dripping oil on the headers, no leaking valve covers that i noticed....so I think that was a successful first test. Then I took the car back out and over to the gas station for the first time....seems to be running smoke free now.

However the car is stumbling a bit off idle, so i need to go thru the whole holley set up process...I was going to do that this weekend...

BUTTT...when I got home from the gas station, the clutch started to feel weird and sticky....then I put the car in gear and its not moving....once again, this piece of shit has failed
BIlGlKH.jpg

So thats it for this garbage, im tearing all of this crap out and putting the original set up back in. This setup (modern driveline) is absolute junk. Even when it was working, the bigger issue is that it feels awful. To release the clutch, it requires the full swing/travel of clutch pedal, there is 0 freeplay in the pedal. This makes for an extremely awkward clutch pedal feel as the clutch pedal ends up so much higher than the other 2 pedals. Then you need to fully depress the pedal to get it to release, so it grabs right off the floor, which is really annoying and there is no real way to adjust that. So F$%^K this thing, im putting the old ford parts back in it.

at least I can take this trans out in my sleep now....
2QYQwpF.jpg

@Dingo hope the recovery is going well....

So update...
I removed the .090 jets (stole my wife fancy hand dyson for the one on the drivers side which was stubborn coming out) and replaced them with .070s. Started up, lifters ticked for ~30 seconds or so then quieted down. Didnt see any smoke. Let the car warm up and took it for a 15 min drive around town...no smoke, no dripping oil on the headers, no leaking valve covers that i noticed....so I think that was a successful first test. Then I took the car back out and over to the gas station for the first time....seems to be running smoke free now.

However the car is stumbling a bit off idle, so i need to go thru the whole holley set up process...I was going to do that this weekend...

BUTTT...when I got home from the gas station, the clutch started to feel weird and sticky....then I put the car in gear and its not moving....once again, this piece of shit has failed
BIlGlKH.jpg

So thats it for this garbage, im tearing all of this crap out and putting the original set up back in. This setup (modern driveline) is absolute junk. Even when it was working, the bigger issue is that it feels awful. To release the clutch, it requires the full swing/travel of clutch pedal, there is 0 freeplay in the pedal. This makes for an extremely awkward clutch pedal feel as the clutch pedal ends up so much higher than the other 2 pedals. Then you need to fully depress the pedal to get it to release, so it grabs right off the floor, which is really annoying and there is no real way to adjust that. So F$%^K this thing, im putting the old ford parts back in it.

at least I can take this trans out in my sleep now....
2QYQwpF.jpg
Removing that trans again ugh! Obviously somthing is wrong with that set up. Going back to stock is probably the easiest way. As for me, its all about the rehab. Having problems with low blood pressure, so that limits rehab. I suggesest a high volume pump, but the doc says none available for this year and make.

^ you took the grille out....why not just continue the curve and thus reduce frontal area....God, that looks awful. Maybe they did some blind study and felt like people wouldnt buy a car without some kind of a grille in the front, so they just filled in the hole.

you still need venting for your battery - driving and charging dude
I get that, so put the grille in then....just looks god awful with the depression for the opening, but no actual opening.....but after seeing what they came up with for the truck, I mean I guess this looks pretty good.

Hey everyone, I need to buy a new car, but I don't know what to do with my old one. Do you have some ideas? Don't think that I have a big budget lol. I'm thinking about Audi, do you have any experiences? My old one is out. The only thing that I can do with it is to scrap it. I have a friend who is working with car scrapping and it was his idea. I was trying for a long time to sell it but, of course, no one wants such a car. So my friend told me that it's time to leave it. My old Suzuki now is just a memory. Thanks to their service I have one problem with a minus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom