Car-spotting thread

The employees at the local pizza place complimented my 360 a few days ago. Two of them have Fiat 500 Abarths. Noone was around so I made sure my exit was, um, less straight than normal.

For those waiting in anticipation :rolleyes: my VW Sportwagen has been on the road since Sunday. I think I overdid it. :) There is nobody home until 3000rpm. It never hits big, just keeps accelerating right to 7000rpm while the original turbo was signing off by 5000. With the original turbo and an aftermarket tune, it hit 1bar of boost at 2000rpm. Now it's at 0.2bar. Which is less. Old peak was 1.2. New is 1.4 but it carries that past 6000rpm.

Drop with Golf R springs was mild. 5/8" front, 3/4" rear. I managed to make it sportier and more responsive without ruining it. yay! My wife thinks it's hysterical that I'm throwing my old man wagon around like a sports car.

Tires (Michelin Pilot 4s) come in today and I'm dropping the new wheels off this evening. I'm going to have to find something else to work on.

The employees at the local pizza place complimented my 360 a few days ago. Two of them have Fiat 500 Abarths. Noone was around so I made sure my exit was, um, less straight than normal.

For those waiting in anticipation :rolleyes: my VW Sportwagen has been on the road since Sunday. I think I overdid it. :) There is nobody home until 3000rpm. It never hits big, just keeps accelerating right to 7000rpm while the original turbo was signing off by 5000. With the original turbo and an aftermarket tune, it hit 1bar of boost at 2000rpm. Now it's at 0.2bar. Which is less. Old peak was 1.2. New is 1.4 but it carries that past 6000rpm.

Drop with Golf R springs was mild. 5/8" front, 3/4" rear. I managed to make it sportier and more responsive without ruining it. yay! My wife thinks it's hysterical that I'm throwing my old man wagon around like a sports car.

Tires (Michelin Pilot 4s) come in today and I'm dropping the new wheels off this evening. I'm going to have to find something else to work on.

Hey where are you guys getting tires - I never did it down here. Order thru tire rack or other and have delivered to an installer?

My wife thinks it's hysterical that I'm throwing my old man wagon around like a sports car.
You’ve got a sweet build. Wagons rule. I wish the US market hadn’t abandoned them, along with manual transmissions no less. Speaking of wives and wagons, when I bought my red on orange V70R back in 03 mine found it hilarious that I defended the bold color choice by drawing a parallel to Ferraris.
6A940B3C-88FF-43C6-A075-7AED895F05BC.jpeg
9A4CB121-2B60-4E33-9C2D-6C272F6A0250.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom