buying a new car out of state

one of reason why I take Canyon over Ridgeline, I park at a train station with narrow spots and my cars always get damaged by open doors. Canyon has 4inch less width and, I hope, thicker steel.
You need a "station car". Just a turd that runs and who cares if gets dinged dented. A plus is no one might steal it.

As for the '15 or '16 Colorado's transmission problems. I have not had any, there are some that have torque converter shudder on light throttle, but we have not had any. We do get a shit load of problems with radios/nav screens, those have been fixed with software updates.

Would I recommend buying a Colorado ... no, not yet maybe in a year or 2. I like proven things and the bugs worked out.

This is NJ... Good luck ha

If I was in the market for a new pickup I would buy the ridgeline. Drives super smooth and easy ompared to body on frame. I've had my Titan for 12 years just for comp. Other plus's about the ridgeline i wont need to go into because reviews are plentiful. Good luck Alex!

2017-honda-ridgeline-awd-black-edition-0018-800x533-c.jpg

2017-honda-ridgeline-awd-black-edition-0029-800x533-c.jpg

That Ridgeline Black Edition is a sweet truck. Do want.

I still think this is the best GMC car, and since then, there is no better car, at least for me. I got this car last year, it took me some time to deliver it because I found a great option for me, the price was so tasty and I could not miss this offer. On the other hand, this car was on the other side of the country and this was a real problem for as I have never shipped a car across the country and I have literally no idea how to do it. Glad that I had a couple of friends that were working in this field a long time ago, one of them told that I need to take a closer look at this article about How much does car shipping cost. The article describes pretty good all the issues and solutions that could appear in the shipping process, as well as how you can calculate on your own the price of the shipping. So, if there are anybody else who's trying to find out how much will it cost to ship a car, I really suggest you to take a closer look, you will be surprised

Last edited:
We wanted to like the Colorado, between ride reviews problems and overall interior it didnt even come close to what the ridgeline offer for us. Initially we were going to lease a 2020 but a low mileage 2017 popped up. Ownership > leasing wins out. This our second ridgeline and the wives ride. She is happy and that's all that matters, am I right.20200530_203625.jpg20200530_203616.jpg

@mattybfat
borrowed my dads ridgeline for a couple weeks recently. I know it drives nice but having it as an extended loaner really highlighted how nice it drives! Two weeks with it doing chores and running around picking up stuff I almost didn't want to give it back but too bad it burns gas! :p Now gimme my Cybertruck!

Pretty sure the wife and I will be replacing our Highlander with a Ridgeline next summer. Really wanted the Colorado, but after reading everything on the vehicles and for dual family hauler and utility the Ridgeline wins out. Not gonna lie though I do not think it looks nearly as good as its competition, but I drive Subaru's I don't buy cars for their looks.

Shame that Honda doesn’t offer a manual tranny for the Ridgeline. Toyota (Tacoma) and Nissan (Frontier) do, and it’s not as if Honda doesn’t have one to bolt in....every trim level of Accord offers one.

After 2.5 years I can say GMC Canyon is absolutely the best car that I ever own (honda/mazda/hyundai/subaru).

Last edited:
Shame that Honda doesn’t offer a manual tranny for the Ridgeline. Toyota (Tacoma) and Nissan (Frontier) do, and it’s not as if Honda doesn’t have one to bolt in....every trim level of Accord offers one.

I a big manual fan, but wouldn't buy one in this vehicle class. The Ridgeline has Honda's reliable 6-spd auto, so you don't have to worry about the problems associated with the competitions manuals or 9/10-spd autos.

I bought my car from NY, I wanted a base manual with no options and this was the only place willing to order it. They charged me for everything including nj tax. This was a month after NJ dropped the sales tax from 7% and I had them revise that, that was the only issue and it took 2 minutes to fix.

the dealer in PA should be able to resolve the taxes for you as well

I a big manual fan, but wouldn't buy one in this vehicle class. The Ridgeline has Honda's reliable 6-spd auto, so you don't have to worry about the problems associated with the competitions manuals or 9/10-spd autos.
2020 ridgeline now has a 9 spd auto ?

Back
Top Bottom