Broke my bike

mtgundlach

I broke the rocker arm on the suspension :cry: ...I haven't seen this before, is this normal?

Attachments

• Rockerarm.JPG
    Rockerarm.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 283
I broke the rocker arm on the suspension :cry: ...I haven't seen this before, is this normal?

Normal? Well it's not unheard of for rocker arms to break. If the frame isn't too old, maybe the LBS or manufacturer can get you a replacement set.

Now tell us how you did that?;)

Contact the bike manufacture. I recently snapped my Iron Horse DW-Link rear triangle... if you search the shop form you can find my pictures the title is dont this just... ... anyway, i contacted iron horse only to find out the went belly up and were owned by pacific cycle now. i call pc and they had replacement rear triangles. so im sure if you call you can order a new part no problem.

I got the frame in '06, I hope the manufacturer has the part because I love the bike...

I wish it was a better story on how I broke it(should make one up), but I was just riding at CR by Millers ln on the new section(great job) and heard a snap. I guess I just hit the breaking pt(literally), might have done some damage at the sourlands a couple of weeks before but nothing I haven't put the bike through before

i say blame the sourlands. chimney rock was just the final tap to knock your bike out.

I got the frame in '06, I hope the manufacturer has the part because I love the bike...

I wish it was a better story on how I broke it(should make one up), but I was just riding at CR by Millers ln on the new section(great job) and heard a snap. I guess I just hit the breaking pt(literally), might have done some damage at the sourlands a couple of weeks before but nothing I haven't put the bike through before

What brand is the bike?

Assuming you get new rockers, you should watch the pressure in your shock. If you bottom out too hard, that puts tremendous stress on the rockers and you may break them again.

Your good!!! Its a Turner Flux...I normally do watch the pressure, but I just had it rebuilt and didn't even think about checking the pressure before I went this time. I didn't bottom out on the shock during the ride(little rubber band) but I am going to check the pressure tonight when I get home to see where it was, good call thanks!

Turner will take care of you.... give em a call.

Just got the call from Turner and they are shipping out the rocker arm today!!! Great service, great bikes...

Turner CS is pretty awesome. I used to have a 5-spot that was already 3 years out of warranty when I found a hairline crack on my chainstay weld. They sent me out a replacement for free and even paid the shipping.

Back
Top Bottom