Bridge Build - Wildcat WMA - Splitrock Loop South

actually you could drill a hole through the 6x6 and put an axle through and put wheels on it.
The bigger the wheels the better. šŸ¤Ŗ
Yes, wheels, I was looking at a similiar unit from northern tool, but I think I can hunt around and find some tractor wheels and axle and bolt on. I have used this technique before as well as canoe carts.

Is there a date(or multiple dates) set for this? I would be interested, need to gain karma points with Wild Cat, that place hates me!

When are we looking at? Just had some surgery on my arm so no riding, lifting etc for at least a few weeks.

Was just assessing a bridge over at 6MR and noticed it used triple 2x6 as rails to span 20'
It had a center support, which was lost when a tree floated by - It bounces, but not horrible.

Bridge replacement has begun....

20210626_110033.jpg

20210626_105956.jpg

The area around the stream crossing was too rocky and uneven for efficient construction, so the two bridge spans were framed off site.
We now need to transport them from the road access at splitrock dam ( boat launch) to the trail.
There are two 36" x 16 foot sections, and the plan is to affix wheels to the 2X10 side, and roll/carry them down the trail in the vertical orientation. We need people to help. If all goes well, then this should only take a few hours. The distance is about a half mile.

Sunday, July 11
8am at the splitrock boat launch.

wear sturdy shoes, long pants, bug spray
bring water
gloves supplied

https://goo.gl/maps/JvbC6B7zPCUTMbdX9

Cancelling for July 11th
Will post a new date when we have enough volunteers on board.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions