Breaking news - Ceres Park

The county had lawyers look at everything and deemed basically everything unsafe.

How can a lawyer make that determination?

Are these lawyers evaluating bridges and other structures in the town and having them torn down based on these lawyers opinions.

Can you imagine a bulldozer and bobcats plowing thru the trails. It's disgusting how irresponsible the county was at removing stuff and they left alot of the wood cut on the side of the trails like a dead carcass. They violated DEP mandates by having the bobcats in the creek, the bulldozer was brought in to pull them out.

I hope you have plenty of photos. Why not invite the DEP to the meeting. Maybe after fines are levied you can get those lawyers and whoever ok'ed this project fired. I can't imagine whose interests they are protecting.

The entire trail community is up in arms, not just bikers. Everybody loved the bridges. They claim they'll build them themselves but I don't believe them and at what cost. There's a meeting thus Wednesday to discuss the situation. I know there's gonna be a large group if us going. If they want stuff removed they should've let us do it and not destroy the countless trees and plant they destroyed let alone the damage to the trails and creek beds. Sorry for the long post but I'm slightly upset. We spent hundreds of hours turning a fun when it's dry, primitive trail system into a sustainable well built trail system.

I hope you guys are able to keep everyone calm and can make progress.

Here are some questions for the meeting:

1) How much money was spend to tear up the park?

2) How much was set aside for DEP fines and repairing damage from heavy equipment?

3) How much was set aside for new trail building?

4) Why was this project so urgent and clandestine?

5) What one person has primary responsibility for taking this action (seems like it's the Mayor)?

6) What prevented them from closing the problematic portions of the trails and working with the community that originally built them?
- Yellow "keep off tape"
- Nail/bolt in some 2x4s to close off "unsafe" sections.
- Sink a few fence posts.
- etc.

7) The real solution will be to find out what elected officials have responsibility and make sure they never get elected again.

Here you go:

Pete Scirrotto - Mayor and Director of Public Safety Committee

If that's a township park I would say rally to get that guy out of the Mayor's office and off the Township Committee.

1-800-warn-dep. The dep comes to my job quite often, they aren't to be trifled with when it comes to violating environmental laws.

How can a lawyer make that determination?

Are these lawyers evaluating bridges and other structures in the town and having them torn down based on these lawyers opinions.

I hope you have plenty of photos. Why not invite the DEP to the meeting. Maybe after fines are levied you can get those lawyers and whoever ok'ed this project fired. I can't imagine whose interests they are protecting.

I hope you guys are able to keep everyone calm and can make progress.

Here are some questions for the meeting:

1) How much money was spend to tear up the park?

2) How much was set aside for DEP fines and repairing damage from heavy equipment?

3) How much was set aside for new trail building?

4) Why was this project so urgent and clandestine?

5) What one person has primary responsibility for taking this action (seems like it's the Mayor)?

6) What prevented them from closing the problematic portions of the trails and working with the community that originally built them?
- Yellow "keep off tape"
- Nail/bolt in some 2x4s to close off "unsafe" sections.
- Sink a few fence posts.
- etc.

7) The real solution will be to find out what elected officials have responsibility and make sure they never get elected again.

Here you go:

Pete Scirrotto - Mayor and Director of Public Safety Committee

If that's a township park I would say rally to get that guy out of the Mayor's office and off the Township Committee.

Yeah we have a bunch if people looking at this from all angles. Mantua Twp has been supportive of our efforts this came down from the county. We've been calling and emailing the county freeholders and other people in county govt. Wednesday is gonna be a big night for us. Everybody is beyond pissed but nobody has done anything stupid. We understand that the county workers are just doing there job. The only thing we've been doing is videoing and taking pics. And a few brave soles sat on the remaining bridge on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom