Boxing Fans?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
To an extent. At the same time, I heard an interview with him after the Hatton fight and he said he's done with boxing because he's done all he could possibly do. He's 39-0 and has had a title of some sort since 1998. So I think boxing just isn't a challenge for him anymore. This is a different challenge for him.

walter

Fourth Party
Should be an interesting transition if it ever comes about. He is still a fairly young guy so he could get some good years in fighting MMA. He may have to put on a couple of pounds to find any real competition. There is this kid Uriah Faber who fights in the WEC, he's in his early 20's, and I think he fights somewhere around 145-155. This kid is just destroying people left and right, could be fun to watch.

NickDavid

Honestly, I don't think it'll ever happen. Mayweather is a boxer, not a brawler. He'll get his ass demolished in MMA and will ruin his fighting record, even if it's a different sport.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Honestly, I don't think it'll ever happen. Mayweather is a boxer, not a brawler. He'll get his ass demolished in MMA and will ruin his fighting record, even if it's a different sport.

Joe Stevenson would most likely destroy him within a minute as would other great wrestkers and submission artists. But UFC really pushes their strikers these days, like Lidell, and if someone went in there thinking they could bang with him, well, Floyd would tatoo their face 9 times before they knew what happened. But let a guy like Koshchek, St. Pierre or Stevenson fight him -- and they'd rip his arm off in 60 seconds.

walter

Fourth Party
Joe Stevenson would most likely destroy him within a minute as would other great wrestkers and submission artists. But UFC really pushes their strikers these days, like Lidell, and if someone went in there thinking they could bang with him, well, Floyd would tatoo their face 9 times before they knew what happened. But let a guy like Koshchek, St. Pierre or Stevenson fight him -- and they'd rip his arm off in 60 seconds.

I said it before, if it ever does happen I am sure his first few fights will be gimmies. Once he faces a fighter with a good background, he'll put the 12oz'ers back on.

NJ-Did you see St. Pierre destroy Hughes again? And what about that dude from Camaroon, all the juice in the world couldnt help him win that fight. He was a HUGE 205!!!!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
NJ-Did you see St. Pierre destroy Hughes again? And what about that dude from Camaroon, all the juice in the world couldnt help him win that fight. He was a HUGE 205!!!!

I didn't see it but found it on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ69FN8d1ek

By the way, Floyd can't do MMA, because he's got hand issues. Those tiny MMA gloves don't protect the mitts.

And Walter mentioned Uriah Faber -- he's good -- for the WEC. I'm not positive he would stand up to the best UFC and Pride lightweight fighters.

Top Bottom