Book of Paul H

get your issues straightened out then go have a bike fit done, they will let you know what to move and which way, then you can buy and replace parts. its worth every penny to be comfortable on the bike (and helps prevent injuries from bad form)
I think the bike has 90 or 100 stem. I already have a 80 stem in my bin and was thinking giving that a try.
You're probably right to get this neck/shoulder issue sorted out first... but I still want to riding during this "recovery." Altho minimum... I do think riding helps with this issue.

BTW... y'all prolly know... I am a stubborn SOB. Going out to the garage now to look for the 80 stem lol

I think the bike has 90 or 100 stem. I already have a 80 stem in my bin and was thinking giving that a try.
You're probably right to get this neck/shoulder issue sorted out first... but I still want to riding during this "recovery." Altho minimum... I do think riding helps with this issue.

BTW... y'all prolly know... I am a stubborn SOB. Going out to the garage now to look for the 80 stem lol

you might want more rise too.
and if your knee isn't in front of your toe with the crank aligned with the seat tube, you can move the seat forward.
this is where a bike fit might be a good investment. hmm, heard that somewhere.

Agree ? with the bike fit AFTER you fix the underlying structure issues with PT. However, knowing you as I do....... you probably need to go up before going closer so I’d try an angled stem with as many spacers as can fit.

Edit; took too long to post it......

and if your knee isn't in front of your toe with the crank aligned with the seat tube, you can move the seat forward.
But a bike with an erection looks dumb

I can't envision this. Is this a roadie thing?

Nope... fore aft saddle position is part of a bike fit but I only know about the plumb bob method.
Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 5.45.11 PM.png

Nope... fore aft saddle position is part of a bike fit but I only know about the plumb bob method.
View attachment 106592

the fit i had, which was static, was knee at toe line (not front of shoe)
knee bent to 30deg at bottom. that was on the roadie, seat was a bit lower on the mtb,
until getting a dropper.

so you can think of seat front/back and up/down effecting these, so it takes a bit.
then there is messing with cleat position -

in @Paul H's case, i'd go with comfortable until the back is healed up, then work back down.

the fit i had, which was static, was knee at toe line (not front of shoe)
knee bent to 30deg at bottom. that was on the roadie, seat was a bit lower on the mtb,
until getting a dropper.

so you can think of seat front/back and up/down effecting these, so it takes a bit.
then there is messing with cleat position -

in @Paul H's case, i'd go with comfortable until the back is healed up, then work back down.
Still nothing. It’s time wasted on me, I have to get to things on my own, which causes me a lot of issues because people usually get mad at me for not understanding at the first, second, third....hundredth time they explain it to me. I still can’t stop myself from asking...try to explain any game of cards to me...it will be fun!

Back
Top Bottom