Body Armor / protection

Dave02

Looking for recommendations for thin, lightweight armor- the kind that fits under a jersey.
There are several out there, but I'm specifically looking for it to protect ribs and kidneys- chest and back not really required.
Most I've seen include heavy chest and back protection, but don't protect the ribs and / or kidneys.
Any suggestions?

Thx

Ribs and kidney....jeez.
Head (Helmet), hands (gloves), elbows (pads), and knees (pads) doesn't give you enough protection ?
Have you considered a zorb ?

Ribs and kidney....jeez.
Head (Helmet), hands (gloves), elbows (pads), and knees (pads) doesn't give you enough protection ?
Have you considered a zorb ?
I'm thinking there's a prior injury that needs xtra protection.

Recovering from bruised ribs from a fall when riding on ice at Chimney Rock 6 weeks ago.
I've landed on my back several times over the years and my hydration pack protected my back, but I've been jabbed in the kidneys a few times.
Since I've hardly ridden over the last 6 weeks, I've been growing my own protection 😒

Unfortunately, you're kinda asking for the opposite of what most manufacturers sell. My old Dainese jacket has a kidney belt and some rib protection and the back protection can be zipped out, although the kidney belt is part of the back protector (this was nice as it made the jacket machine washable). The current version Dainese sells does not appear to be the same. Looking at the Dainese website, they do sell a lot of armor individually, so you might be able to piece something together that will do what you want, but it may take some experimenting and sewing ability.

Armor can be such an individual thing. I'm still wearing Dainese knee/shin pads I bought back in 2004 because I've yet to find anything that works/fits as well. As a result, I have a pile of pads I have only worn once. Some I have never worn beyond a test fitting...

Maybe lacrosse stuff?

Get this one - Evoshield Performance Rib Shirt. The pads air-form to your body and you don't even know you're wearing it.
25d3fd4a-04f0-4e1d-9857-a2a92aa17cb2_gbmizvh5xwn53hsn.png

I totally forgot about other sports... which is amusing since I still have a few pieces of sports-ball protective gear from back in the day when I was looking for cheaper alternatives to some of the pricey mtb/moto protection products.

Back
Top Bottom