Bike Lights?

I'm in

Sounds good. I had posted a question in rides section about the pace of the night rides at 6 mile. I didn't want to slow up the group as I've never done the "dark thing".:D Also as I don't quite know what my battery life is going to be, I'll try to run with one light for the first time. Is the Wed. ride a definite?

Tim

Sounds good. I had posted a question in rides section about the pace of the night rides at 6 mile. I didn't want to slow up the group as I've never done the "dark thing".:D Also as I don't quite know what my battery life is going to be, I'll try to run with one light for the first time. Is the Wed. ride a definite?

Tim

I'm not sure if others are riding Wednesday, I would think so. Don't worry about the pace, we'll all make it out alive. If Jdog rides, he can take point and I'll run sweeper. I won't leave you in the woods alone with an experimental light!

Just like the little midget lady in Poltergeist said, "All are welcome. All are welcome. There is peas and Serenity in the light. " :D

Great, let me know what time and I'll be there.

Tim

It wouldnt be a bad idea to do a bench test to see what you get in burn time. I find that my nipack battery has a longer burn after a couple burn/charge cycles, so that may help you as well.

TriNewt

I finally decided on the TriNewt. It came in today and the battery is charging.
The quality is better than I expected. Can't wait to try it out on the trails.

Steve

hey - i've been riding at night for about two years. my 1st setup was pretty bare, but it got me out there and I could see well enough to have fun and not hurt myself.

I had a Nite Rider Trail Rat 2.0 from Campmor on 17N. 90 bucks. It's a 10w halogen bulb, perfect starter light. I mounted it on my handle bars and used a Petzel climbing head lamp on my head. sounds rugged, but it worked well enough. I didn't want to drop a lot of cash at first. A lot of the lights out there are really expensive and if you're just starting this may be a good way to get your feet wet before taking the plunge onto a HID, LED etc. Those can run you upwards of 200 bucks or more.

here's the campmor link for the light

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39208567&memberId=12500226

it takes 9 hours to charge, but just do it overnight. READ THE MANUAL (short) it's necessary so you won't damage the battery

It's durable, I still have it and now wear it on my head with LED lights on the bars

let me know how it works out for you

matt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom