Bike camping trip; 4/2/22 Denville - Spruce Run

Ohhhh, you just inspired me to plan some camping! Spruce Run is really nice for camping. What specifically you want to know about the sites, @xc62701 ?

Ohhhh, you just inspired me to plan some camping! Spruce Run is really nice for camping. What specifically you want to know about the sites, @xc62701 ?
Like it’s an actual campground? Water/electric/Porto’s/bathrooms? Access to the reservoir? It’s intriguing especially as this will run straight past my house in Denville.

I've never been camping there but it sounds like typical NJ state park camping. Bathrooms w/ showers, potable water. Fire ring with grill, picnic table. We reserved two spots right on the shoreline. There is a beach somewhere but it wont be open. Scenery looks fantastic. Rt 78 is nearby, hopefully it's not too loud.

Like it’s an actual campground? Water/electric/Porto’s/bathrooms? Access to the reservoir? It’s intriguing especially as this will run straight past my house in Denville.
You're welcome hop on along the way if it's not convenient to meet at Denville clocktower. We usually rendezvous with a couple campers at the trailhead on Everdale.

Yes, you get all those amenities :) The campsites feel excluded, they are spaced out, and it's just really pretty right by the water. I have only gone camping there in October a few times and I never felt crowded here.

@Dean S You do not hear 78 at all.

If this happens, I might join just for the camping.

Anyone know the best place to park my car overnight without worrying about a ticket and/or being towed?
^^^This guy’s driveway ;)

Back
Top Bottom