Biggest loser

Spring break is starting to wear off thankfully! Previous low was 164.8. I'm at back at 167.2 this morning. I've been hungry trying to transition back to my regular diet, but a 4 hour ride Monday didn't help. That leaves me hungry the next day for sure. I'm back to the habits that have worked. I'll be riding and eating well straight through the weekend, so maybe next week I'll get to see a new low. Kudos to those that have stuck with it!

Week 15

Start: 208.3
Current: 186.7
Diff: 21.6
Last week: -2.5
Weekly: -5.9, -1.3, -1.6, -2.8, -1.8, -1.1, -1.6. -0.8, +1.4, +1.4, -3.3,-.9,-.6,-.2,-2.5
Goal: Low 170s

Busy week working on the condo project and officiating 5 track meets.
I have a 6th one today. Crazy weather this week. Beautiful yesterday, worked in rain and sleet
some of the other days. Temps in the 30s.

I'm usually the youngest official, so I get to do things like stand in the javelin landing zone to mark for measurement.
They have a way of finding you.

Did well on the eating too. Couple of salad nights. Not too much grazing.
Limited alc. Fun Monday was feeling good until I flatted. It did get me back to the car before the rain.
Maybe get a ride in tonight after mowing the rest of the lawn.

Nice to be in the #Down20 club

1650712868407.png

Week 15

Start: 208.3
Current: 186.7
Diff: 21.6
Last week: -2.5
Weekly: -5.9, -1.3, -1.6, -2.8, -1.8, -1.1, -1.6. -0.8, +1.4, +1.4, -3.3,-.9,-.6,-.2,-2.5
Goal: Low 170s

Busy week working on the condo project and officiating 5 track meets.
I have a 6th one today. Crazy weather this week. Beautiful yesterday, worked in rain and sleet
some of the other days. Temps in the 30s.

I'm usually the youngest official, so I get to do things like stand in the javelin landing zone to mark for measurement.
They have a way of finding you.

Did well on the eating too. Couple of salad nights. Not too much grazing.
Limited alc. Fun Monday was feeling good until I flatted. It did get me back to the car before the rain.
Maybe get a ride in tonight after mowing the rest of the lawn.

Nice to be in the #Down20 club

View attachment 183435
That's awesome 20 lbs is pretty significant weight !

E2M program Round 2, Week 6, Day5

Another early check-in day early because off for Good Friday and have a 50th b-day this evening and my Dad's 80th tomorrow.
Diet
Still sticking to the I.F. meal plan and drinking more that a gallon of water a day. Think I'm drinking more black coffee daily to get me through the hungry urges in the morning before my 1st meal. Will need to be careful not to fall off plan the next 2 days with the birthday parties we will be attending. Cheat meal will be the food at my Dad's party. I don't know if it's because I've been regular with Allegra, but seasonal allergies don't seem to be bothering me much this spring. Wondering if it's the meal plan?

Exercise
Up early on my day off today to do the Friday circuit, then going to head out for a short ride on the new bike after a shorter stem install. Hitting Wissahickon tomorrow moring for a longer ride.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235.4
4/15/22 Current weight = 189.6
Diff: weekly down 3.4, total lost = 45.8
Unexpected big drop this week and within 5lbs of my goal of 50lbs. lost. Per my Garmin Vivoactive 4 measurements, my 4week avg RHR is below 50bpm, stress levels are pretty low and I have a BMI under 30. Probably not sleeping enough hours, but I do get deep sleep during those hours. Going clothes shopping today because I'm starting to look ridiculous in some of my clothes. Basically have to buy a whole new work wardrobe and need more skivvies that are the correct size. Finding t-shirts buried in the drawer that were tight now fit. All my shorts are too big as well. Most of my pants were 40s, some 38s, but they're all too big. Wife picked up some shorts that are 36s, but will be returned for 34s.

Wife is down a little today for a total loss of 22.2lbs. She's up early as well to do the circuit and go for a run.
E2M program Round 2, Week 7, Day 6

Day late with my recap. Weighed in yesterday but had a busy day.
Diet
Meal plan, hydration were on point. Had a plan for some more rides this week, so introduced some rice to early meals the day before. Saturday was the first MASS race at Fair Hill so broke my fast early with a plan approved meal and then fueled like I normally would for a race during, then back to real food immediately after. Race fueling was successful. Only had 1 beer after the race and 1 more with our cheat meal that we ended up cooking at home instead of going out. Apps, entree, and a big cookie for dessert.

Exercise
Circuits M/W/F, spin bike T/Th. Got a few lunch walks this week while at work too. Added an evening of the 1st Belmont #notarace Thursday in Philly. As I mentioned, MASS race #1 at Fair Hill, I registered for Endurance 45+. Planned to use it as just a training day for getting used to the new body, bike and how to fuel for longer rides, especially with TSE coming up at the end of May. Ended up with 6 laps in 4:43:14, good for 24th/38. Happy with how it went and had many comments from racers who haven't seen me since last year commenting how thin I look. Next test will be French Creek.

Weight
4/23/22 Current weight = 185.8
Diff: weekly down 3.8, total lost = 49.6
While I did ramp up the exercise a bit this week, didn't expect another big drop. Weighed in before the race. So close to my 50lb goal. Should be no problem to reach that this week as the meals and exercise plan will be the same.

Wife's results are also good. Down 3.8lbs for the week and down a total of 26lbs. Her original goal was 25. Both of us have moved our original goal line since starting this program.

Last edited:
E2M program Round 2, Week 7, Day 6

Day late with my recap. Weighed in yesterday but had a busy day.
Diet
Meal plan, hydration were on point. Had a plan for some more rides this week, so introduced some rice to early meals the day before. Saturday was the first MASS race at Fair Hill so broke my fast early with a plan approved meal and then fueled like I normally would for a race during, then back to real food immediately after. Race fueling was successful. Only had 1 beer after the race and 1 more with our cheat meal that we ended up cooking at home instead of going out. Apps, entree, and a big cookie for dessert.

Exercise
Circuits M/W/F, spin bike T/Th. Got a few lunch walks this week while at work too. Added an evening of the 1st Belmont #notarace Thursday in Philly. As I mentioned, MASS race #1 at Fair Hill, I registered for Endurance 45+. Planned to use it as just a training day for getting used to the new body, bike and how to fuel for longer rides, especially with TSE coming up at the end of May. Ended up with 6 laps in 4:43:14, good for 24th/38. Happy with how it went and had many comments from racers who haven't seen me since last year commenting how thin I look. Next test will be French Creek.

Weight
4/23/22 Current weight = 185.8
Diff: weekly down 3.8, total lost = 49.6
While I did ramp up the exercise a bit this week, didn't expect another big drop. Weighed in before the race. So close to my 50lb goal. Should be no problem to reach that this week as the meals and exercise plan will be the same.

Wife's results are also good. Down 3.8lbs for the week and down a total of 26lbs. Her original goal with 25. Both of us have moved our original goal line since starting this program.

That was a huge week for both of you! when i looked i assumed it was post race, but wow! abs not.

I'm thinking this push should have been a youtube show!

nice job mixing it up too! Gotta love pinning on a number.

That was a huge week for both of you! when i looked i assumed it was post race, but wow! abs not.

I'm thinking this push should have been a youtube show!

nice job mixing it up too! Gotta love pinning on a number.
I was curious. I did weigh myself last evening before bed after racing, eating a cheat meal that included pasta, asparagus, scallops, a large peanut butter cup cookie and hydrating, surprised to see a 188. Then again this am, back down to 186.

No need for me to be a YouTube star.

Been looking forward to racing again.

Monday update. The body is liking 165.4. Three days in a row at that weight. I'm actually surprised it has stayed there since I ate a bit more for yesterday's Port Jervis race. And of course, after the race, I ate more as well. So either I'm at a plateau or ?!?!? Who knows. Either way I'm ok with this weight. I had a pretty good race yesterday considering I've beat the crap out of myself lately. I'm enjoying being lighter and I got a few comments from friends I haven't seen in a bit saying that I look good and that I lost a ton. I'm loving it! Oh and I even had 2 slices of pizza and 2 beers after my race. Sooo good!!!

Update. I’m breaking through that plateau! 163.8 this morning. Yesterday I was at 164.4 and I did a big ride and ate an enormous muffin along with all my other meals, so I was expecting the scale to go up. It did not. That makes a new low on this journey. -42.6 total so far!

I went to see my Dr yesterday and he started off asking if everything was ok. I said yea and then he says, you’ve lost a ton of weight. Is this on purpose?!?! So I explained the deal. It was pretty satisfying.

Just a short update here on my quest to "maintain not gain".

Again wanted to day congrats to all the "losers" here whether it's 10 or 50+ lbs, whatever the goal or amount it really doesnt matter its the whole notion of doing something to improve yourself that really matters. I definitely know the feeling of self confidence and satisfaction when others outside your circle of family and friends start noticing your clothes are hanging off you since they last saw you, or how trim and slim you look. I still have doctors question me anytime I go in for something like a cold and they take my HR and ask if I am on any meds since its so low.

Anyway, I never expected to really lose any weight during this "contest" but it did give me (and continues to give me) a little focus on making sure I don't ever return to the unhealthy state I was in over 10+ years ago, or to let myself be complacent and slack off too much. I may have mentioned that my way of doing this was to sign up for a ridiculous event and us that to keep my training focused and my weight in check. I spent Jan-April getting ready for "Lu Lacka Wyco Hundo" which was this past Sunday by not only riding/training with a purpose, but really keeping an eye on not overdoing eating too much crap. As I thought about it, I really don't drink that much any more aside from the occasional beer if we go out to eat (rare) or if I am chilling and grilling on the weekend so that was never an issue.

What I didnt expect is that I hit an all time "new low" weight leading up the week of the event which is about 4lbs lighter than last April when I did training for a 125mile Rando ride. It may not seem like a lot, but at this stage of where I am in my weight management/health/fitness lifestyle it's somewhat significant.

If nothing else this gave me a slight extra bit of confidence heading into the event Sunday that I could actually finish it. Who knows if I was a few lbs heavier if that would have made a difference or not to be able to make
It up all those climbs. However This changed around mile 52 when I was fighting cramps all the way until mile 101 Sunday and I almost quit but glad I didnt thanks to the help of my two riding buddies.

I hope this doesn't come across as bragging, but more of a different perspective on how a former fat guy manages and maintains things after the biggest loser.

593A767C-BC11-4C2E-AE29-664CDBC8D2A2.jpeg

Just a short update here on my quest to "maintain not gain".

Again wanted to day congrats to all the "losers" here whether it's 10 or 50+ lbs, whatever the goal or amount it really doesnt matter its the whole notion of doing something to improve yourself that really matters. I definitely know the feeling of self confidence and satisfaction when others outside your circle of family and friends start noticing your clothes are hanging off you since they last saw you, or how trim and slim you look. I still have doctors question me anytime I go in for something like a cold and they take my HR and ask if I am on any meds since its so low.

Anyway, I never expected to really lose any weight during this "contest" but it did give me (and continues to give me) a little focus on making sure I don't ever return to the unhealthy state I was in over 10+ years ago, or to let myself be complacent and slack off too much. I may have mentioned that my way of doing this was to sign up for a ridiculous event and us that to keep my training focused and my weight in check. I spent Jan-April getting ready for "Lu Lacka Wyco Hundo" which was this past Sunday by not only riding/training with a purpose, but really keeping an eye on not overdoing eating too much crap. As I thought about it, I really don't drink that much any more aside from the occasional beer if we go out to eat (rare) or if I am chilling and grilling on the weekend so that was never an issue.

What I didnt expect is that I hit an all time "new low" weight leading up the week of the event which is about 4lbs lighter than last April when I did training for a 125mile Rando ride. It may not seem like a lot, but at this stage of where I am in my weight management/health/fitness lifestyle it's somewhat significant.

If nothing else this gave me a slight extra bit of confidence heading into the event Sunday that I could actually finish it. Who knows if I was a few lbs heavier if that would have made a difference or not to be able to make
It up all those climbs. However This changed around mile 52 when I was fighting cramps all the way until mile 101 Sunday and I almost quit but glad I didnt thanks to the help of my two riding buddies.

I hope this doesn't come across as bragging, but more of a different perspective on how a former fat guy manages and maintains things after the biggest loser.

View attachment 183728
Way to stick it out and finish. Last time I did LLWH, I skipped the loop out to Harvey's Lake and finished with 92 miles.

Way to stick it out and finish. Last time I did LLWH, I skipped the loop out to Harvey's Lake and finished with 92 miles.
Thanks - this was our first time doing it but I am glad I didnt realize it was a loop or I might have done the same. I was pretty delirious at that point anyway :p

Will be checking in later in the week with a weight update. Shared this on my socials today, so sharing it again here.

Wife and I have been following the fitness program from E2M Personal Training since the beginning of the year and have seen amazing results. Real food meal plan, no supplements and exercise. Down 46lbs so far to a weight I haven't seen since about 1988. 1st pic is 01/02/22, 2nd pic is 04/15/22.

I'm not getting paid for this, just spreading the word. Sign-ups for the next 8wk round open Thursday, 04/28/22 and starts on 05/02/22. Message me if you have any questions.
**What is E2M?**
We are more than just a “diet” or a quick fix. We are a virtual group weight loss-based program for adults that runs in 8-week segments and provides you with a workout plan and meal plan that changes weekly. The workouts are designed to work for and challenge all fitness levels—even those that are limited with exercise—and can be done at home or in the gym whenever is convenient for you with a set of dumbbells. The meal plan is supplement-free and consists of whole food options for you to choose from to create each of your meals. We have weekly live cooking classes from two chefs to help you with meal ideas for the week. (We do have plans for vegetarians, vegans, and postpartum moms.) We encourage whole body, healthy habits to create a sustainable, healthy lifestyle.
**What do I get with the program?**
▪️
Weekly Workout Plans
▪️
Weekly Meal Plans
▪️
Circuit Workouts
▪️
Gym Workouts
▪️
Seated Workouts
▪️
Glute Workouts
▪️
Zumba
▪️
Cardio Kickboxing
▪️
HIIT Workouts
▪️
Step Aerobics
▪️
Spin
▪️
Yoga
▪️
Pilates
▪️
Live workouts can be done at home or gym and replayed at your convenience if you can’t make it live.
▪️
Mental Fitness Coaching
▪️
Registered Dietician
▪️
24/7 access to the program
▪️
Live cooking classes
▪️
And more
All of this is communicated through our private Facebook group.
**How much?**
All of this is available for 8 payments of $40 (paid weekly or all upfront). Spouses (not other family members or friends) are BOGO! (Only one of you needs to sign-up.) After 8 payments, you’ll have access to the group + program for life at no additional cost.
For FAQ + to sign up for e-mail reminders when sign-ups go live, visit our website: www.e2mfitness.com.
Bumping this again as sign-ups for the next round open at 9am FRIDAY, 4/29. The new 8wk segment begins on Monday, 5/2. My wife and I have both had excellent results in 2 rounds since we started on 1/2/22. So far, just shy of 17wks I've dropped 50lbs and she's lost 26lbs.

UPDATE: SERVER CRASHED THIS MORNING, 4/28 FROM VOLUME TRYING TO SIGN-UP.

Any questions message me for some answers.

Last edited:
Bumping this again as sign-ups for the next round open at 9am FRIDAY, 4/29. The new 8wk segment begins on Monday, 5/2. My wife and I have both had excellent results in 2 rounds since we started on 1/2/22. So far, just shy of 17wks I've dropped 50lbs and she's lost 26lbs.

UPDATE: SERVER CRASHED THIS MORNING, 4/28 FROM VOLUME TRYING TO SIGN-UP.

Any questions message me for some answers.
Do you think you’d be able to follow the plan, if you had to travel a lot For work? I’m envious of your results, and I am seriously considering doing the next round, I will be in a hotel for at least 24 days between now and late June.

Do you think you’d be able to follow the plan, if you had to travel a lot For work? I’m envious of your results, and I am seriously considering doing the next round, I will be in a hotel for at least 24 days between now and late June.
Yes, many people post on the FB group page asking how to handle vacation and work travel. Many members have suggestions, which are common sense. The foods on the meal plan are whole foods, nothing exotic, and simple to prepare. If the hotel has a made-to-order restaurant and the room has a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker, it's very easy to stay on plan. Workouts can be body weight or light dumbbells, 30min circuits, cardio is a spin bike or treadmill, and hotel gyms are usually well equipped.

Prior to doing this program, I would have been concerned. But knowing what I know now, no problem.

Last edited:
207 this morning. Down about a pound from the last time I posted a couple of weeks ago. The wife commented that my love handles are smaller. I replied, “But my love for you has never been greater.” :p

Cardio has increased significantly and my good/bad eating ratio has flipped. It’s now 70/30. Last night I had ropa vieja and 2 margaritas. Feeling good.

Hard to believe month 4 is now complete! Just based on the posts and how much this thread has died down I think we lost at least 75 percent of the people that started out at the beginning of the year. For those that are left how close are you to your goal and has it gotten harder or easier with time? For me keeping up the exercise and eating healthy has be one routine now and I have no issues with keeping both of those going. I am having issues with hunger and finding super low calorie filling foods to keep me full. I keep moving the goal post as far as the number I want to hit and it's getting discouraging every time I hit the goal and think the rest of the belly will be gone and it's not. I can't belive how light I'm going to need to get to have it go away entirely
I'm currently at 157.4 down 42.7 pounds.

Hard to believe month 4 is now complete! Just based on the posts and how much this thread has died down I think we lost at least 75 percent of the people that started out at the beginning of the year. For those that are left how close are you to your goal and has it gotten harder or easier with time? For me keeping up the exercise and eating healthy has be one routine now and I have no issues with keeping both of those going. I am having issues with hunger and finding super low calorie filling foods to keep me full. I keep moving the goal post as far as the number I want to hit and it's getting discouraging every time I hit the goal and think the rest of the belly will be gone and it's not. I can't belive how light I'm going to need to get to have it go away entirely
I'm currently at 157.4 down 42.7 pounds.

Fantastic result ! Don't beat yourself up about looking down and still seeing a belly. There is much more going on in there than "fat" - and the scale may not be the best measure of how to get rid of it. Posture and core strength can always be improved - which should be a long term project. Stay the course!

I haven't found that magic food to provide a bridge to the next meal either. Been chugging coffee.
For a snack I've been eating 1 or 2 of these per day (afaik, they are not made of people)

Amazon product ASIN B08WT9K4ZH

Week 16

Taking a mulligan - Sue has covid, and I keep testing negative. My gut is all knotted-up,
and I've been avoiding stressing the system, just in case i'm fighting it off.
(not sure how this works, but seems reasonable?)

Wasn't a bad week eating other than going out on wed night for a pasta meal.
Just lack of exercise....

Weighed myself yesterday, and it wasn't horrible, but i'm going to "wait" to check-in until next week.

Week 16

Taking a mulligan - Sue has covid, and I keep testing negative. My gut is all knotted-up,
and I've been avoiding stressing the system, just in case i'm fighting it off.
(not sure how this works, but seems reasonable?)

Wasn't a bad week eating other than going out on wed night for a pasta meal.
Just lack of exercise....

Weighed myself yesterday, and it wasn't horrible, but i'm going to "wait" to check-in until next week.
Good luck, hopefully it’s a mild case.

Back
Top Bottom