Biggest loser

This should be measured in inches not weight. We are looking for real body composition change here gents!

For example, Patrick is thinking 1984 body. Thats how aggressive this contest is and will be. So ask yourself if you are really in. 😂😂😛😛

my wife asked what the timeline is for this . . .. especially if your measuring in inches lost

This year has not been kind to me. one injury after another took a toll and I need to get out of this rut and get back in shape. Riding thr other day I dont know what was worse my fitness abilities or the regression in skills.

This year has not been kind to me. one injury after another took a toll and I need to get out of this rut and get back in shape. Riding thr other day I dont know what was worse my fitness abilities or the regression in skills.
I feel the same with pretty much same results.
Twice with broken ribs and once cracked sternum then finished my year with covid.
2021 can SaD!

Christmas dinner 3, I am coming for you @Patrick
176760DE-6679-4A5F-BD69-6EC517E13D8A.jpeg
F35F70B8-EA1C-4BF1-9770-E557981F1040.jpeg
3DBAB02A-5112-4775-A453-DC253798CC19.jpeg
A410C3C1-3412-40C1-9985-897D35154774.jpeg

I just wish I wasn't lied to is all.
Pretty sure @Patrick maybe using this to sell one of those pyramid scheme diet plans to us. Maybe he got word our low fat TV dinners and delicious shakes are stuck on a container ship. Maybe demand is too high and he cannot deliver?

It’s not safe to play with our emotions….and food.

I just saw Dan Marino got back to his playing weight, Shaq brought back the “Shaq Pack”

Don’t let us down @Patrick, not now. Not now.

I just wish I wasn't lied to is all.

I was busy eating-up all the cookies, and drinking all the beer. Just when I thought i was done, my brother came over with lasagne and cannoli,
which required red wine be consumed. Then I hand-wrote it on a piece of paper and the dog ate it. ;)

Here are my ideas. We all have different goals. Pounds, inches, personally i'd like to be taller. We should also make some "life" improvements that can stick.

From each of you, I need a starting point. It can be a number (like 210 lbs, or 140 inches (total waist, thighs, neck, ass) and a goal (ie 173 lbs., 120 inches)
Or whatever your goal is....
This should include a timeframe. My timeframe is 16 weeks.
WIth any long timeframe, intermediate goals are going to be required. 195lbs by EOW 4, 185 EOW 8, 180 EOW 12, 173 EOW 16.
Also need a plan. No alc in January, Endurance workout 3x week, increasing to 4 after week 8. Light lifting 2x week (arms, chest), and specifically stretch and strengthen my neck,
cause it just feels f'd from falling on it however many years ago that was. Increase intensity slowly (very slowly) over the weeks.
Start eating a healthy breakfast so i'm not starving and binge eating by lunch. Avoid the cake and cookies (i'll ask my wife not to leave cake out)

Some people might not be comfortable with putting down a number - that's fine. I mean @Pearl might have ballooned to 145, and needs to get back to 135.
So he might want to just say that he needs to lose 7% of his body weight - which seems like quite a bit - he could update us in percentages.
Or he could say he wants to lose 10lbs and doesn't give a starting weight, just updates on loss.

Scoring? well it is kinda self-rewarding isn't it?
Give yourself +1 point for everything you do that is in your plan.
Take away 1 point for missing something in your plan
Give yourself 1 point for making an intermediate goal
Give yourself a healthier life for making the final goal - and a few points.

Write your plan down and stick it on the refrigerator. Get buy-in from the people around you.
Find motivation and support wherever possible.

Since I have been awarded the expert level certification at the yo-yo, I can tell you that hanging-in at 90% of plan for 6 weeks will change your body.
At that point, the furnace is primed to make some leaps in fitness. I'd urge you to take a picture on jan 1 (for yourself , cause ain't nobody want to see that)
then look again at 6 weeks. Smile and start thinking about signing up for a race to stay motivated.

Plans can change, goals can change, life happens. Make the detours as short as possible, then jump back on.

Buy yourself a new bike in May as a reward.

I'll consolidate numbers, goals, and track as people update.
No need to double up BIYF posts - just leave a link to the post -
Other stuff - ie hiking, lifting, running, indoor, or not BIYF participant goes in here -
Maybe we'll have a little video summary at the end of the week - we can hire Pig My Pony. ;)

Let me know when the belt makes the next notch. 👍

Alright I started yesterday I think. My 2021:

Screenshot_20211229-111123.png

Starting Weight: 200.2 lbs, Goal Weight: 175 lbs by April 1st.

1.5 lbs a week is where I've comfortably lost weight in the past allowing for flat weeks and "whooshes".

Registered for my first XC race at Sprain Ridge on that date so the goal is to get race ready for that. Signed up Cat 3, hoping to place top 5.

First 9 weeks are going to be cross training (~3 runs (or hikes), 2 lifts, 3 rides), last 5 weeks are XC race prep. ~5 rides, 2 lifts.

Diet (the only important thing in losing this damn weight). 2000 kcal +/- 200 daily. Hit 150g protein, wherever the rest falls it falls. Working on cutting sugar so going to go cream/sugar free in my coffee for January. Tracking on MFP and weighing food always helps me. Weigh ins Wednesday and Saturday mornings before breakfast. Probably going to do weekly summaries here.

I already bought myself a new XC bike in prepayment for my hard work the next 4 months.

Let's do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom