Biggest crash in stock market history?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I dont what is going on exactly with the Chinese stock market...other than: PLEASE GOD DONT HELP PUTIN YOU IDIOT.....

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I dont what is going on exactly with the Chinese stock market...other than: PLEASE GOD DONT HELP PUTIN YOU IDIOT.....

It probably has more to do with yet another covid surge there, but this Putin thing can't be helping.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There is a futures market and a spot price.

Uncertainty drives it up, but they just let the overpriced futures expire.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Bear market rallies are usually the strongest rallies you'll ever see. You guys catch the corruption in the nickel market? They're shutting the nickel trading down in certain markets to save face for David jpMorgan. It just shows you how corrupt the precious metals markets are

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Bear market rallies are usually the strongest rallies you'll ever see. You guys catch the corruption in the nickel market? They're shutting the nickel trading down in certain markets to save face for David jpMorgan. It just shows you how corrupt the precious metals market is.https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-16/nickel-drops-by-exchange-limit-as-trading-resumes-on-the-lme

Fire Lord Jim

I went back to the first page of this thread.
Since then, the S&P 500 has just about doubled. The S&P 500 today is up 33% from its high before the March 2020 "crash". Let that sink in. 33% in two years! I think we have a human instinct to expect crash and burn, and not to think crash and recover. Imagine the portfolio damage done by bailing out of the markets due to fear of the burn instead of the potential of recover.

Mahnken

let's see where this bear market leaves us. I think we'll see at least another 10 percent drop from here.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I went back to the first page of this thread.
Since then, the S&P 500 has just about doubled. The S&P 500 today is up 33% from its high before the March 2020 "crash". Let that sink in. 33% in two years! I think we have a human instinct to expect crash and burn, and not to think crash and recover. Imagine the portfolio damage done by bailing out of the markets due to fear of the burn instead of the potential of recover.
The market didn't recover per SE, it was injected with trillions of phony money. Where would we be if no stimmy is the real way to pose that question.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
The market didn't recover per SE, it was injected with trillions of phony money. Where would we be if no stimmy is the real way to pose that question.
But do you really think we'll ever have a government that won't play with interest rates and stimulus to keep things moving in the right direction? Wouldn't that be political suicide for any party in office?

roc

But do you really think we'll ever have a government that won't play with interest rates and stimulus to keep things moving in the right direction? Wouldn't that be political suicide for any party in office?
why not try to manipulate the market in the better direction?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
We shall see. Technically the s&p rallied back to the 50 ma which is below the 200 still AND it was rejected off the descending trend line. This week should be fireworks no matter which way we go. I am bearish and feel we have a big unwind in the works. Part of me is considering a stock bear market however where inflation causes stocks to go up but trailing commodities which will moon.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Who’s buying the dip? Lol. I bought some June spy calls at 406 with 415 strike this morning. Will sell as we approach 20ma then get short again. I don’t see this bear market being over just yet.

mfennell

My investment banker friend said something about a play involving the VIX returning to the mean. He seemed surprised that I didn't know WTH he was talking about (I mean, I understand the words but have no idea how one structures something like that).

mfennell

That part I get - but how do I profit on that? Short the VIX?

"shorting the VIX" has become synonymous with picking up nickels in front of a steamroller

Probably not the strategy he's using.

Top Bottom