Belleplain State Forest 2012

In sNJ, new equals sponge. Give it a few more months. Expect it to be prime next summer.

There's a map kiosk in front of the interpretive center, and I think they might have handouts in the office. Most of the trails are multi-use. The jump from mtb loop 2 to loop 3 uses the north leg of the East Creek Trail. Prob'ly the most funof the multi-use bunch.

Hit it on a Friday or Saturday and your likely to meet our Sensei, James, for a full fast tour. :)

thanks dk , sj .Hit it today, was dry but extremely spongey as said in an earlier post.Not sure if this is from the rain or because the 1,2,3 trails are so new.How many miles of old trail are out there for us mountain bikers?Noticed a white trail at some point and a trail head leaving the Lake Nummy area.Kudos to those who built the new trals.

The white trail aka East Creek Trail is about 7 miles +/- round trip. It takes you from Lake Nummy down to East Creek Pond on Rt 347. Once you hit 347 you must go south for on the road for about a 1/4 mile and then re-enter the trail which eventually end at Lake Nummy near the maintenance yard. I ride that when I am looking for a fast ride. Usually I park at the rangers office right off 550 and take the red trail over too the white trail.

Why does Belleplain State Forest nt have it's own thread?

The white trail aka East Creek Trail is about 7 miles +/- round trip. It takes you from Lake Nummy down to East Creek Pond on Rt 347. Once you hit 347 you must go south for on the road for about a 1/4 mile and then re-enter the trail which eventually end at Lake Nummy near the maintenance yard. I ride that when I am looking for a fast ride. Usually I park at the rangers office right off 550 and take the red trail over too the white trail.

I believe this place deserves it's own thread.There is more than enough miles in here that's for sure. Thanks for the advice dk,much better/used route. Took the red, right onto green (after going the wong way first of course), then made my way behind some campsites and other wrong turns before I found the trailhead for white.All in all , a very nice trail system.Thanks goes out to all who make it possble.

Yeah, you guys made the bigtime !

Glad to see Belleplain finally has it's own thread , and deservedly so.Are you sure you will actualy be riding Sat. ? I would think it would have to be more of a tm session.You realy can't do any real riding up here just yet.Not from what I noticed at Allumuchy the other day.I'm sure I'll be doing a tm session somewhere up here north this weekend.That's if the parks allow us to do so,:confused: protocol and all. If I can't do a tm up here maybe I'll come down and help out. I'll hit Stone Harbor while down there and help out the families place.

my .02 .I think it would make sense to move it. If you so have the power, make it so.People need to know this place is a worthy place to go mtbing.

Back
Top Bottom