Beer Garden Opens in Garden State (downtonwn Jersey City)

jwave

Wanted to spread the word on the recent opening (last Friday) of a european-style beer hall/beer garden in downtown Jersey City: Zeppelin Hall. The place is a true house of worship to our favorite beverages and unlike any place I've ever been to. Here's the list of beers on tap.

I live in JC, so I'm unbelievably stoked. I spun over to ZH on Monday (with my toddler son riding shotgun in the Ibert) and we both had a great time sitting outside in the nice weather (I tried Radaeberger and Carlsberg, both were great). The place is huge, both inside and outside. There are bike racks right outside (with sight lines from inside the hall and beer garden), and free parking in lot directly across from Jersey City Medical Center on Grand Street.

They're rolling a bigger menu soon, but for now it's sausages and burgers and other grill items to go along with 1.0 and .5 liter mugs of tasty beer. The vibe is very cool. Families, hipsters, professionals, and locals all enjoying the nice weather and stellar beer. Next time you're in the area, check it out. Cheers!

WOW - if this place is like the beer garden in Astoria Queens, it would be awesome! I checked out their website and was hoping to see some real photos of the place but didn't find any.....

Thanks for sharing!! Definitely will be checking out this place soon!

The place is a true house of worship to our favorite beverages

Leffe Brown and Blonde and Corsendonk on tap... oh my...

I can see a bike-pub-crawl forming from Princeton Junction... It IS possible to bring your bike on the NJT trains and PATH trains during certain hours (travelling IN towards JC should be no problem during the evening)... THAT would be an adventure... particularly the late-night stumble back up the canal path to Belle Mead... whoa....

Thanks for the heads-up...

Leffe Brown and Blonde and Corsendonk on tap... oh my...

I can see a bike-pub-crawl forming from Princeton Junction... It IS possible to bring your bike on the NJT trains and PATH trains during certain hours (travelling IN towards JC should be no problem during the evening)... THAT would be an adventure... particularly the late-night stumble back up the canal path to Belle Mead... whoa....

Thanks for the heads-up...

seems like another MUTANT ride in 'da works' :D

seems like another MUTANT ride in 'da works' :D

El Z: That's the beauty of mutant rides... nothing is pre-defined... you kinda go with the flow...

One of my favorite mutant rides is taking back paths and shortcuts down to Rocky Hill on Saturday nights, enjoy a nice Ommegang on tap (or maybe a Rogue Dead Guy)... then ride back in the dark (with my J-Dro lights) along the canal path...

A trip to the Beer Garden would certainly be wacky, given the mixed modes of transport....

My next BIG mutant ride may be a 2-day ride in late October from High Point to the Water Gap area by way of park land, packing light (likely reserving a 1-nigh stay in a yurt at Swartswood Park), and eating at restaurants along the way... How mutant is that?

Peace,
BB

Back
Top Bottom