Backyard Bike Park

RJ Robinson

So, I watched a youtube video. I think I'm gonna set up a small skills park in my back yard to practice. I made a ramp. This will eventually be a tabletop once I get back to home depot for some more PT wood.

I also plan on building some progressive drops.

Attachments

• IMG_1037 copy.png
    IMG_1037 copy.png
    779.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1038 copy.png
    IMG_1038 copy.png
    587.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1039 copy.png
    IMG_1039 copy.png
    603.8 KB · Views: 134
Cool. I've toyed with building some obstacles in my back yard. I have a very tiny back yard, so that would be about all I could do. Maybe a small figure-8 pump track. I'll see what I can fit after my new shop is constructed.

That's awesome! Looking forward to updates. I am in the process of building a small trail in my yard too. Haven't added many obstacles yet. Just a few rollers to mostly go over downed trees and a little drop/kicker, but it's got so much potential; more stuff will be added in the very near future. The tight and narrow nature of the trail has already helped me improve my handling; especially keeping my feet on the pedals at low or no speed.

LOL. Yea that would be impressive for a backyard setup. Im working on it though. I think the table top should be done by next weekend, but my yard is a swimming pool right now.

I made a really sketchy teeter totter this past fall. It sceered the heck out of the wife, she wouldn't watch me ride it. Maybe the fact that the planks fall off the a frame every other time I hit it has something to do with it but it's fun. On the other hand, I can set it up like a drop really easy.
IMG_20191005_162908595.jpg

I built a small, rollable kicker ramp and a small tabletop. My back yard is too small for any riding and I don't want to leave the features in the front lawn so I built them small enough to easily move into the garage/basement when they aren't being used. The next step for me is getting some more lumber to build a skinny or 2.

I'm glad I'm not the only dad here that's crazy enough to build stuff like this for his kid(s).

I built a small, rollable kicker ramp and a small tabletop. My back yard is too small for any riding and I don't want to leave the features in the front lawn so I built them small enough to easily move into the garage/basement when they aren't being used. The next step for me is getting some more lumber to build a skinny or 2.

I'm glad I'm not the only dad here that's crazy enough to build stuff like this for his kid(s).
That's right, they're for the kids...

What time can I come over and what beer do you like? ;)

I so miss my old yard. It was 1/2 an acre. I totally would have built a pump track and some jumps. My kids were too little so I didn’t have the, “It’s for the kids!” thing going for me. :p

IMG_20200216_165111.jpg

Our house is surrounded by old forest and every year I have a few bigguns to buck up due to insects, rot or windstorms. Latest pine to fall was nearly 100' and the trunk made for a good log over feature until I can go rent the chipper and mulch it. The XL 29er doesn't look so big next to that pile of sticks. ?

View attachment 119303

Our house is surrounded by old forest and every year I have a few bigguns to buck up due to insects, rot or windstorms. Latest pine to fall was nearly 100' and the trunk made for a good log over feature until I can go rent the chipper and mulch it. The XL 29er doesn't look so big next to that pile of sticks. ?
are they just stacked or do you have a some pins in there?

No fasteners, just stacked tightly. The logs at the bottom of the center stack are notched "lincoln log" style to lock them together. But other than that, they are all heavy enough that they really dont shift.
notching, very nice

Back
Top Bottom