Are you a spin class attendee or not?

Are you a spin class attendee or not?

• Total voters
i spun once and hated it the instructor was a tool
it was a good cardio workout but it was a poor translation to riding

id rather be at home on my trainer trying to make myself puke...much more satisfying

plus im on my own schedule get up hop on go to work.. if i feel like it i can hit it again when i get home...

i spun once and hated it the instructor was a tool
with all due respect, the classes i took several of the teachers were tools

i don't care if they don't get on the spinner themselves, or if they blab about how famous they are, i try and get a cardio work-out for myself, i usually pull a towel over my head, and don't look at any one else, sometimes i look in the mirror at me, to see if i look fatter that day

anyway, i still like to go once or twice a week to the spinner. anyone know of a gizmo to strap on your ankle to calculate rpm's

Is it as good as the ingrown hair story he was telling at the first annual MTBNJ picnic?

I don't spin in a class but when I go to the gym I usually ride the bike as a warm up.

huh. i must have missed that story. sounds like it was a h00t though!

i can't remember it exactly but it was pretty funny. i think it was on vacation or something?

maybe ben knows it. ben? are you there? i know you're reading... :D

I spin a couple times a week when the weather is like this and to get in an early ride during the week in the dark just doesn't happen. Instructor does make all the difference though, I found a great class that sometimes feels like a 2 hour ride through hills in an hour workout. I can actually say that last year when the weather and sun came out and I stopped going,I felt like after a couple of months that I had lost something in my fitness level. It is a sweatfest torture session though, if you do it right.

I taught at the Middletown Work Out World for a couple years. :eek: I wasn't very good but my music was loud.

There's an instructor at the Tinton Falls WoW who was a national-level racer back in the day. His classes hurt.

I took a class with a 9:30 Ironman triathlete last winter. Twice a week for 90 minutes in a basement on your own bike. Aside from the aggravation of dragging a bike and trainer around, it was pretty good. I have most of the classes on paper but I can't get through them alone in the basement.

Aside from the aggravation of dragging a bike and trainer around, it was pretty good.
twice a week might be a bit much, around here they have a club that meets in the dudes garage (once a week), then they go out afterwards

if he's doing iron mans in 9:30 he's nearly pro? they won't let me use my trainor in my apt. I used it in storage room once last week, and am thinking about doing trainer and maybe some hills around my apt. complex. it is a pain to set the thing up. some folks must just leave it set up in their buddies garage in "trainer" season

Back
Top Bottom