Any shops ever ship an Ebike?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Jumping through hoops here trying to figure out how to ship an ebike without being a Certified Hazmat Shipper. I know bikeflights wont take them, but Fedex seems like I can ship it if the battery is "properly packaged" within the bike and I drop it off prepaid.

call Voltaire cycles in Denville...they are an ebike store...im sure they could answer that for you

To answer my own question it seems like Shipbikes.com will take an ebike even though Bikeflights.com won't. Might be a Fedex vs UPS thing.

fedex is must have just gotten laid-out by the faa - they now have it in the ebay policy that if they find something
not correctly marked, it is a $350(?) fine - which ebay will levy against your cc on file.

probably people shipping laptops without li-ion labels.

I'm not exactly sure what becoming a certified haz mat shipper entails (that was someone else's domain).

Shipping with the battery installed simplifies things vs. shipping a battery on its own, FWIW. As well, ground is far easier in terms of compliance than air, in case you have an option on that front.

Back
Top Bottom