any hockey players here?

njmark

Professional Cyclist
Looking to see if there are any ice/roller/foot hockey players here. I'd love to get back in to playing regularly after a couple years off.

Here here!

Where are you from? My buddy and I are actually finally getting back into it after a ~13 year hiatus (joining the mens roller league in Jackson)

Edit: just googled manville... might be a bit of a ride for ya

Last edited:
I play in a couple of leagues. One is an indoor rink year round and the other is outdoor from Dec to Mar. I love it and I find that it is great exercise. I am not one to go to the gym or workout but chasing the puck/play gets me motivated. And skating on a crisp winter night cannot be beat.

Not sure where Manville is but there is a great rink in Red Bank and the new one in Middletown is supposed to be very nice too. If I had more time I would skate there too.

Last edited:
I would love to play pick up games. I have a friend or two in the area that would too. Roller hockey. There is a outdoor rink on 206 next to the bridge by Loras gas. Docherty Park

Last edited:
I love Hockey, but it has been years since I strapped skates on.

Ice Land in Hamilton has good Clinics and Pick up Games.

I still have all of the equipment, so maybe someday I'll get back on Ice.

I played regularly at BSA, the Fri or Sat open hockey was usually a good skate more often than not. Mostly played goal but I've moved out of the net. I know Piscataway has a few rinks and there is that one in Branchburg. I agree that hockey is a great workout, I find the gym thing boring so when riding is out for those wet winter months hockey fills in nicely. Would love to play a pick up game with you guys someday.

Papawick park in manville has a roller hockey court.They also have leagues or should i say had leagues.(been years since i lived in manville)

Retired play inline and ice up until 34. Had to hang em up. Too many injuries. Broken collarbone and ankle within 2 years. Wish I was still playing.

Ice for me but don't play regularly anymore lucky if I can get I a few skates a year. Codey arena formerly know as south mountain arena has weekly open hockey. They allow little kids for their morning open hockey which is great so I can take my mite and skate with him.

hmm, I never saw this thread before.

I have been playing ice hockey for well over 30 years and coached high school hockey for 11 years. I still play once a week at Twin Oaks in Morristown.

Last edited:
I play roller or Ice, anybody down for some pickup hockey near New Brunswick area?

Anybody every play at the Rutgers roller rinks on the Cook/Douglas campus?

There is also a pretty good roller league in Jersey City during the summer months that I play every year

Piscataway has a few nice rinks. I need to find some replacement wheels for my skates.

hmm, I never saw this thread before.

I have been playing ice hockey for well over 30 years and coached high school hockey for 11 years. I still play once a week at Twin Oaks in Morristown.

Are you playing open hockey or men's league ? I run a team in the D league . I'm good friends with Randy V.

Are you playing open hockey or men's league ? I run a team in the D league . I'm good friends with Randy V.

Up until a year ago I was on Scandic in the B league. I now play with a bunch of Hunt Club guys who rent out the week every wed night. I just got home from playing...

I coached with Randy for many years at Morristown-Beard. I still work at the school and go to all the games but am on the ice with my son up at Skylands. Priorities, right?

Up until a year ago I was on Scandic in the B league. I now play with a bunch of Hunt Club guys who rent out the week every wed night. I just got home from playing...

I coached with Randy for many years at Morristown-Beard. I still work at the school and go to all the games but am on the ice with my son up at Skylands. Priorities, right?

He's a good guy , I try to get to a few Beard games every season . Usually Knolls, Randolph and Delbarton since it brings a good crowd .

Back
Top Bottom