Any DH runs?

Bernard H

Hey all. Looking for a spot/ trail to hit a few dh runs. Need to dial in my DH bike but the bike park is still closed. Know any spots that I can do a few hike up/ ride down sessions? Located in Jersey City, willing to drive an hour.

Appreciate the help!

JPark

Sourlands could be a good option.
You push your bike straight up the pipeline (the big open trail that goes straight up the mountain) and then take any of the trails winding through the woods. Some serious rock gardens.
If you're actually going to go there I can give you more details, the trailforks map is missing half of the trails.

JPark

I think those Nassau trails are flow and Bernard is looking for chunk.
Blue Mountain is also planning to open May 16 and they have a chairlift!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is easy hike a bike ends at a road, small flat section in the middle but with difficulty. Definitely a good run to tune in your bike.
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/pHQbPG1085

There is also a shuttle you can do off Stephen's from budd lake.

Last edited:

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
None of the super chunky stuff I know of is really DH bike accessible.... probably gonna have to wait a couple weeks and drive north a bit. @Ryan.P might know some secret gems.

Bernard H

wow thanks guys. Got some options here. I like the sourlands area, used to ride my motorcycle around there, hiked it too. Never road the trails, seems like its worth checking out. I hope mountain creek opens as soon as they can...with this work from home, id find myself taking emails at the bottom of the life in between runs all day long!

Cool to know Blue is opening up soon, cant wait for the season to start. Sucks the Maxxis ESC was pushed

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Under normal circumstances, Sourlands on a weekday would be a good option but i would NOT try to bomb some DH runs at Sourlands during Corona unless you're doing it at like sunrise. You will encounter a hiker every 5 feet and it will not be fun for either party.

Bernard H

Under normal circumstances, Sourlands on a weekday would be a good option but i would NOT try to bomb some DH runs at Sourlands during Corona unless you're doing it at like sunrise. You will encounter a hiker every 5 feet and it will not be fun for either party.
Yea, sunrise was going to be my intended time. This weekend is going to be tough with the parks opening and 70 degree days... so hopefully I can split my mornings from fishing to dialing in the DH bike.... not sure which to do first!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
with this work from home, id find myself taking emails at the bottom of the life in between runs all day long!
The last couple years we’ve formed a solid “work from home Friday” crew at Creek. We all have our favorite spots to dip off and take conference calls lol.

Bernard H

The last couple years we’ve formed a solid “work from home Friday” crew at Creek. We all have our favorite spots to dip off and take conference calls lol.
I was thinking this year to make my work form home days on Thursday. This way I can get more time in the Thursday Night Race League. Id gladly do Thursday and Friday :)

Top Bottom