another lovely weekend

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
...again in NJ. are you kidding me with this? RAIN AGAIN...all weekend!?! at least if it were snow i could & would still go out and ride, but this is terrible. and depressing. fawking nj winters. :mad3:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
...again in NJ. are you kidding me with this? RAIN AGAIN...all weekend!?! at least if it were snow i could & would still go out and ride, but this is terrible. and depressing. fawking nj winters. :mad3:
Don't give up all hope, some "windows" may appear to allow non-basement riding. Foolishly/Optimistically, I'm betting on this occurrence.

I want to keep my streak of "no-trainer" alive as long as possible, or until the end of January, anyway. Come February, I'll be on the trainer one way or the other.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've ridden for something like the past 30 weekends. It hasn't really rained very much at all.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have very small windows to ride. those are the cards i'm dealt, those are the cards i play.

you riding today?? i am. :D

Maurice

Not week-ends only. This morning as I was ready to head out the door it also started raining. Time to break out the rain vest. Of course it stopped raining as soon as I stepped off the bike.

That made for interesting times going over bridges. The little rain that came down immediately froze on some of them. When the rear wheel starts sliding under power all of a sudden you focus on very gently letting the front wheel do whatever it is it wants to do :)

Maurice

Chris(NJ)

i have very small windows to ride. those are the cards i'm dealt, those are the cards i play.

Oh and you need bigger windows. Try Anderson, they're nice.

I was actually wondering how one goes about riding windows, let alone small ones. however, I concur, Anderson makes nice large windows, probably very conducive to riding. Unfortunately, Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates might disagree.

ArmyOfNone

im gonna try to make it to the sourlands in the early am. hopefully it will not be raining to hard. I just put some new ergon grip/bar ends that im dying to try out.

Chris(NJ)

anyone plannin to ride sourlands next wknd? Sat. is lookin ok (a little chilly, but ok) and I haven't ridden there yet. Was lookin at some pics and it looked pretty nice, so I'm down to ride next sat. if anyone wants to go.

walter

Fourth Party
I will be at Allaire at sun up to try to beat the rain. I got some new tires and some new gearing on the Mary that Im dying to try out.

Shaggz

A strong 7
speaking of new tires, i have one ride under the new maxxis ignitors and they were AWESOME. Can't wait to get some more miles on them to really see how they handle.

J-Dro

im gonna try to make it to the sourlands in the early am. hopefully it will not be raining to hard. I just put some new ergon grip/bar ends that im dying to try out.

I was there this afternoon. Its still a bit soggy but not too bad.

What time are you heading there on saturday?

J-Dro

730ish...what do you think...i have to be at my gfs house by 11. if not ill die

DIE? Damn that sounds serious.:eek:

I'll call you early in the morning if I can make it. Theres a 40% chance of rain. Hopefully it holds off. Speaking from experience, wet slimy sourland rocks are no fun.

I def owe you a proper tour of the sourlands though. (the fireroad is not included... i climb the singletrack up the hill).

Top Bottom