An SJ hello

Hello folks. New member here.

Haven't riden since I was a kid. Had - some - time during covid and wanted to bike. Prices were high and supply non existent so I got hold of an old 7 speed beach cruiser and started hitting dirt trails at the EHT nature reserve. Sure, I'd break something on that bike darn near every time I used it in the woods but it had to do.

I recently bought a Ghost Kato. Nice bike but it needed better forks and a dropper. Then lo and behold Diamondback has a Black Friday sale and I have a new Sync'r. Very similar to the Roscoe 7 that I wanted a few years back. I love that Sync'r!

Anyway, I hope to see some peeps out on the trails. I still ride the Nature Reserve and the EHT BMX track. And oh yea, I just turned 64.
Ride on.

Welcome!

Solid bike progression!
There was a lot to like about the Kato 29'r but I just couldn't resist what I just got for the price.

I also downsized from a Large to a medium too. I'm really in need of a M/L like Trek offers so maybe I'll tweak this one but I'm still learning the bike and deciding if I really need changes.

I love this. Beach cruiser to full blast!
Welcome and keep the rubber side down
I thought about buying that Sync’R too!
Ha! Rubber side down. How can I do that when I'm trying to learn wheelies and manuals lol. You should have bought the Sync'r! It climbs like a Mountain Lion. The only issue is the engine.

CNJRider

Joker
Welcome! Solid bike at a solid price. DM me if you ever want someone to show you around 6 mile, Chimney Rock or Nassau/Voorhees. I ride at a nice and steady pace (aka slow).

Welcome! Solid bike at a solid price. DM me if you ever want someone to show you around 6 mile, Chimney Rock or Nassau/Voorhees. I ride at a nice and steady pace (aka slow).
Sure, I'd love that, thanks. My schedule is pretty tied up until the middle of January but I'll watch the weather and I'll reach out.

Top Bottom