Allaire Marathon

fdr_us

Allaire Marathon

We're going to ride Allaire on December 20th. Goal is to ride 50+ miles without doubling up on the trails. We have Scott C Macvicar with us to make sure we won't get lost on the less familiar trails. The start will be at 9.00am on the main lot.

The route roughly will be: campsite, less familiar trails for about 28 miles, back to main lot. By this time we will have done approximately 33 miles. There will be a peanut butter jelly stop to refuel or bail out at the main lot. Donations of food, drinks are welcome. After the rest stop we'll do the main trails of the park, bringing the total mileage well over 50 for the day.

Some of the trails we'll ride are less groomed and maintained , so be prepared for a little roughness. Pace will be social with few stops (+/- 8.5 mph for the whole ride). We're hoping for a big group, so come join us for a long and fun day on the bike!

Last edited:
I should be in for this, will probably use my Stache if it is not sold by then as it is a great bike for days like this. I would strongly suggest this ride for anyone thinking of trying distance riding. The park is pretty centrally located around the main lot. I would also suggest being there at 9am if you want to do so. While it is not my ride and in no way am I in charge, picking people up at different times all over the place becomes a hassle and holds the group back from their goal.

Can't wait to see everyone for a day of trails, exploration and peanut butter sandwiches!

I should be in for this, will probably use my Stache if it is not sold by then as it is a great bike for days like this. I would strongly suggest this ride for anyone thinking of trying distance riding. The park is pretty centrally located around the main lot. I would also suggest being there at 9am if you want to do so. While it is not my ride and in no way am I in charge, picking people up at different times all over the place becomes a hassle and holds the group back from their goal.

Can't wait to see everyone for a day of trails, exploration and peanut butter sandwiches!
Yep, that's right: train leaves the station at 9.00an

Def interested. Will be game day decision based on my Mrs's work schedule. By game day, I mean a few days prior.

Can't wait.

I've been exploring some of these trails (and getting lost at times) on long allaire rides. So, very much looking forward to having someone lead that knows where he is going!!!

This sounds great - Me + 2 are interested - I'll confirm closer to the date for more details.

What @Mitch said. Stating details of where this ride will take place or posting up a map of this ride is not a good idea. If you want reasons at to why please PM me or @Mitch .

We all try to ride legal and marked trails when doing any rides.
If you guys are going "off" grid trails it would be better if that is on the DL...
I can explain further if needed just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom