Allaire Conditions

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ha, I can't run that plate....it's not my investigation. But definitely pass that plate on to the authorities down there.

EMago

Well, guess I got lucky 2 days in a row. Was taking the back roads home from work today and spotted the guy pulling out of the woods on Hospital Rd on the west side near where people park when the lot is packed. He stopped and pulled out his cell phone so I pulled in stared him down and split. I almost got out but thought it would be better if the property authorities handled it lol.

Johnny Utah

Pinging the park police tonight...
After getting assaulted by one of these guys last year and providing plates and video with nothing done I have little faith but my hopes are up.

If park/local authorities will do nothing about a motorcycle in the park, I never EVER want to hear the strava or dirt jump builder argument again.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is what happens to people who feel they are the police. You're lucky they didnt hurt you bad. You need to STFU and let the police handle it.
I just do not understand what makes people think they have any authority to tell people what they can or cant do. If someone is riding a dirtbike in a state park who the f $%k am i to stop them and ask for their credentials (which was obsurd by the way Utah) and tell them they cannot ride there. If they punch me in my face i deserve it
I would have given Utah a ticket after watching that rediculous video. Hes lucky thats all he got

It's obvious that you are a moto guy as are many of the members here are. It's obvious also that you do not do trail maintenance on these trails or you would know the damage that the motos do to them. I have seen it and will tell you they do not belong on these trails, Period. Besides the fact that they are dangerous to hikers, horses and bikers and pets. They do not belong here and it is Illegal to be on the trails. Who are you to tell Utah to "STFU"? He handled way better then I would have and was documenting the act. Nothing wrong with that. He didn't hit them, he didn't block them, all he did was film them yet you take offence with that???
After rereading your post I kinda feel sorry for you that you have such aggression towards Utah for filming them, reporting them and then you make fun of his video. Hope you can forgive him for being such a bad guy. Feel free to come down to a trail day and help out to see what goes into keeping the trails fun.
For the record I think I was as polite as I can be on this response to your comments, I am being respectful because maybe by chance you are really a nice guy and just bustin balls., Peace out

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

I just do not understand what makes people think they have any authority to tell people what they can or cant do. If someone is riding a dirtbike in a state park who the f $%k am i to stop them and ask for their credentials (which was obsurd by the way Utah) and tell them they cannot ride there. If they punch me in my face i deserve it
I didn't ask anyone for their credentials, I took a photo of the plates as we have done in the past to ticket riders as well as enforce park laws to protect the work we have put in as well as the safety of trail users.

Frank

Sasquatch
Johnny shouldn't need to defend himself here, he was not in the wrong. Motorized vehicles are not permitted in the park ...period. Anyone who has ridden Allaire for any length of time knows how fragile it can be and the tm crews have busted ass for years trying to help fight erosion, whether natural or not. One motorcycle can undo years of work with a twist of the throttle, and if one gets away with it, more may come. So yeah, the locals may be very protective of the park....that's not a bad thing.

Johnny Utah

You asked if they had plates. I call that credentials. Who are you to ask for that? I would have told you to f $%&k off
Another thing is about TM folks. They do great but need to know going in that they cannot control the population. Just because they volunteer does not give them any authority to come down on people. Call up the police and tell them you volunteer to maintain trails and you are going to police them yourself and see what what they tell you. I dont expect any of the MTBNJ crew to understand any of this as they think who they are but i say it anyway. I have no problem being the asshole and calling out the rediculous actions of most here. Go ahead and start the shit slinging i dont care. Utah had no right or authority to stop those guys and ask if they had plates. I would have done the same to him or anyone else who did that regardless if i was on an offroad bike or not. Maybe those guys were lost or had a good reason to be there by accident? Then here come Utah self proclaimed judge and jury.
I didn't stop anyone. They were stopped trying to see who was in the Hospital Road lot to see if the coast was clear to come out.

Ask for credentials, no. The plates were posted for public view. By video taping I took evidence of a crime being committed.

Yelling "Plates" was stating my intentions as I approached.

Police them? No . I did not detain them, I did not cite them. I took evidence. That is all, and I have every right to do so. I also have the right to freedom of speech, as do you.

I think your argument is flawed and comes from your own experiences and perhaps frustration for a lack of a place to ride your motorcycle. I get it and feel for you, Jersey sucks but we chose to live here. If I am wrong, so be it, I hate it when people throw a brand on me and don't mean to do the same to you.

It would be interesting to see if we replaced the motorcycle with something else what your feelings would be. And that, if, you had kids or loved ones in the way of it or represent other idiots like those that cannot hear the bikes coming (because of headphones) what your feelings would be.

I would like no more than to ride my Yamaha banshee where ever I please whenever I please, but this state is too busy with people (often entitled and not paying attention) to do so.

In addition, these areas are set for pedestrian and equestrian traffic, not motorized traffic. Throwing in a machine that moves at greater speeds poses a large danger in this type of environment.

If you think otherwise I would rather not continue this, as you may be the type who thinks it is possible to staple water to a tree or milk a boar hog.

I also don't think the MTBNJ crew all adhere to a uniform creed. The members of this board and the team members all have the ability to and do think independently, as is seen with this argument.

Again, people who perform trail Maintainence are independent thinkers as well, there is no uniform creed to group these people in just like we do not group you in with a sect of bikers, such as the twelve o'clock boyz.

Happy trails and be safe.

We will keep the park safe and rideable for you.

EMago

The opinions in this post do not represent the opinions of all said MTBNJ members and/or all members of the mountain biking community. That being said the trail conditions appear to be great. Get out and ride a bike.

DirtyJerz

hi, new to area... how much rain can Allaire take and be rideable, i.e. will it be ridable tomorrow (Saturday) morning following an overnight rain like tonight?

Frank

Sasquatch
Guys, can this please be moved off the Allaire Conditions page so we can return to our regularly scheduled programing? I think this is starting to get too mtbr-ey here.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
hi, new to area... how much rain can Allaire take and be rideable, i.e. will it be ridable tomorrow (Saturday) morning following an overnight rain like tonight?

Allaire contains a few different types of soil. The area down by the stream has "typical" soil with enough clay content to hold on to the moisture for a while. The areas up top (higher ground) have a high sand and gravel content and drains well. As long as you avoid the low lying areas which is easy to do, you can usually ride the next day... Same day for a brief shower if we've got decent temps and some wind to help it along.

Welcome to the area by the way.

bigtwin100

It's obvious that you are a moto guy as are many of the members here are. It's obvious also that you do not do trail maintenance on these trails or you would know the damage that the motos do to them. I have seen it and will tell you they do not belong on these trails, Period. Besides the fact that they are dangerous to hikers, horses and bikers and pets. They do not belong here and it is Illegal to be on the trails. Who are you to tell Utah to "STFU"? He handled way better then I would have and was documenting the act. Nothing wrong with that. He didn't hit them, he didn't block them, all he did was film them yet you take offence with that???
After rereading your post I kinda feel sorry for you that you have such aggression towards Utah for filming them, reporting them and then you make fun of his video. Hope you can forgive him for being such a bad guy. Feel free to come down to a trail day and help out to see what goes into keeping the trails fun.
For the record I think I was as polite as I can be on this response to your comments, I am being respectful because maybe by chance you are really a nice guy and just bustin balls., Peace out
Your last sentence is accurate and you are a true gentleman mitch. Well written post.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions