Allaire Conditions

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Speechless on both sides of the coin; car pics really!
Speechless because I will ask around to see if anyone knows who is out riding on wet trails? I will always try to find out if anyone knows them, and can talk some sense into them. A lot of volunteers work very hard to keep up with the damage done by self centered Asshats like this. I know for a fact these two are not newbies. Speaking for myself, I get more than a little pissed when I have to go out to fix this kind of damage instead of making improvements, doing needed reroutes, or adding a new trail. Every winter the folks who give the most, stay out of the woods during bad conditions and get to ride the frozen ruts left by someone like this.
Speechless on both sides of the coin; car pics really!

Johnny Utah

Speechless because I will ask around to see if anyone knows who is out riding on wet trails? I will always try to find out if anyone knows them, and can talk some sense into them. A lot of volunteers work very hard to keep up with the damage done by self centered Asshats like this. I know for a fact these two are not newbies. Speaking for myself, I get more than a little pissed when I have to go out to fix this kind of damage instead of making improvements, doing needed reroutes, or adding a new trail. Every winter the folks who give the most, stay out of the woods during bad conditions and get to ride the frozen ruts left by someone like this.

I hear ya. Rather than comment now, I would rather just post the strava rides on here from offenders with some wise ass comment. I am tired of being nice and coddling those who chose to be assholes.

At the same point, as stated before, I hope the parks begin to crack down. The community needs to be shaken up.

In addition, it is so taboo if six mile is ridden in the wet, any other park not so much. Why? Public shaming of those ridding six mile is fair game, any other park not so much.

I suggest we change this.

The amount of bike shop guys not following these standards is appalling.

Last edited:

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Here would be a good place to state a different perspective,
At the same point, as stated before, I hope the parks begin to crack down. The community needs to be shaken up.
Which is maybe why the signs at 6M were pointed at bikers. Each park has its quirks. For example at Hartshorne it may point more towards dog poop bag hurlers. In my humble opinion when I read the 6M sign I personally dont feel the "rules" were intended just for bikers anyway, I feel they are for everyone, but the smaller paragraph to "bikers" was just an "attention-getter" to get the biker communities attention to how the trails are made, and lets be honest here, its bikers that leave the worst impressions and most damage and we all need to step it up to make a better one.

MikeyBikey2000

Returning to the original theme of this thread.. how are Allaire conditions? Another day if the rain holds out? It didn't rain much by me last night though I heard it came down in buckets elsewhere..(actually seeing a little sun this morning has made me giddy)

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I would give it until Sunday it was coming down last night and my yard is real soft and wet. I don't have a lawn but my weeds like this weather :)

rocknrollgirl

Chris and I just got back from trail running at Allaire. We did all of the orange, Steelman, Glass and some of the blue trail. It is wet. We saw mt bikers out. Probably 15 or 16 total, which was less than I expected.

If it rains again tonight, tomorrow is going to be worse.

Johnny Utah

Chris and I just got back from trail running at Allaire. We did all of the orange, Steelman, Glass and some of the blue trail. It is wet. We saw mt bikers out. Probably 15 or 16 total, which was less than I expected.

If it rains again tonight, tomorrow is going to be worse.
Adding to this, it rained again last night, we have fresh puddles everywhere.

w_b

ok; so was not expecting much this morning, and figured the lower half trails would be too moist. This is why I love Allaire; the drainage for the most part, especially the top half, is phenominal. I call the upper trails a solid 3 today; mostly good; there was some moistness on a few turns, but nothing that you couldn't avoid if you executed the carve line. My bike was remarkably clean after a 3hr tour, we hit all the top half's good stuff in both directions. Some twice. Lots of trail users out there this morning, so I'm sure there were people destroying the bottom half trails, but saw no reason to confirm.

probably deteriorate this afternoon.

MikeyBikey2000

ok; so was not expecting much this morning, and figured the lower half trails would be too moist. This is why I love Allaire; the drainage for the most part, especially the top half, is phenominal. I call the upper trails a solid 3 today; mostly good; there was some moistness on a few turns, but nothing that you couldn't avoid if you executed the carve line. My bike was remarkably clean after a 3hr tour, we hit all the top half's good stuff in both directions. Some twice. Lots of trail users out there this morning, so I'm sure there were people destroying the bottom half trails, but saw no reason to confirm.

probably deteriorate this afternoon.

Your keeeeeelling meeee.. lol.. a rating of '3' is still better than the donut hole... still.. what do you call the first day of sunshine after a few days of rain in NJ? 'Monday'..

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Your keeeeeelling meeee.. lol.. a rating of '3' is still better than the donut hole... still.. what do you call the first day of sunshine after a few days of rain in NJ? 'Monday'..
The problem that we all see this time of the year is by avoiding the puddles and wet spots we end up making the turns wider. The best pratice from what I have been told is to slow down and stay on the tread of the trail. We ended dup going to the reservoir today for a 20 mile circle :)

w_b

The problem that we all see this time of the year is by avoiding the puddles and wet spots we end up making the turns wider. The best pratice from what I have been told is to slow down and stay on the tread of the trail. We ended dup going to the reservoir today for a 20 mile circle :)

Agreed, good point. We are cognizant and no trails were widened on our ride. Like I mentioned, plan the carve, adjust based on the actual line and conditions, and make dat mofo track. If you do it right you exit the turn faster than you enter it.

If you do it wrong you eff the trail up bookoo and you suck. Just stay home and do your part too.

WinTaper

Rode Allaire yesterday afternoon. Of course it was quite crowded given the temps. Most of it was actually dry - a few muddy spots on the Orange trail heading out that required slow speed or hike-a-bike to preserve the trail. Blue, White, Hog Bog and anything leaf-covered was fine.

The bigger problem by far was the many, many skid marks - some really dug into the soft ground or mud. I myself do not go fast enough or brake hard enough to skid. I don't really get the whole fascination with it - but it was noticeable to the point of being annoying yesterday.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions