Allaire Conditions

Was there the night before last and it was good. Someone must have had a brake issue :rolleyes: as there were skid marks all over the place.:(

Someone must have had a brake issue :rolleyes: as there were skid marks all over the place.:(

I cant imagine skid marks cause any great damage (move dirt from one part of the trail to the other) but they kinda piss me off too as they are just unnecessary

Last edited:
I cant imagine skid marks cause any great damage (move dirt from one part of the trail to the other) but they kinda piss me off too as they are just unnecessary

I'm gonna have to disagree with ya pal, skidding creates channels which can erode trails. One person won't have as much impact as many tho, and thankfully most control their braking. But it does annoy me to see them from time to time as well.

One person won't have as much impact as many tho, and thankfully most control their braking. But it does annoy me to see them from time to time as well.

agree [that was my point....as it was formed in my head.,,although I didnt fully express it above]

btw, i am disapointed in this board that the topic of skid marks has been up here for hours and there hasnt been one off-color remark, not a single funny gif, etc..

Last edited:
skidders gonna skid
kovarikskid.gif

There ya go....was gonna say that you and Capers have been slacking since you started eating paint chips. :D

Trails were in great shape this evening - a few puddles that were easy to circumnavigate - but the sandy parts are always a little firmer when damp. I rode the orange, blue and white trails.

Thanks for the update I hope we don't get dumped on overnight :) BTW if by circumnavigate you mean go around please do us a favor and just slow down and go through the middle of the puddle. By going around we end up making the trails wider...

Thanks for the update I hope we don't get dumped on overnight :) BTW if by circumnavigate you mean go around please do us a favor and just slow down and go through the middle of the puddle.

Yeah I go thru the ones that cover the entire trail - yesterday most were smaller than that - easy to go around without leaving the trail itself. Going out again today in a little while.

How is it today?

Wanna go out somewhere today, but we have gotten an awful lot of rain. Has anyone been out there today?

Has it been raining down at allaire all night too? Off from work today and want to ride but its been raining up here.

Alaire was good today. Tiger woods had some soft spots, but other than that it was great. Will be perfect for tonight's beginner ride

Rode mostly orange today, found about 4 ticks on me and another one that actually bit me... It was nice knowing you

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions