Allaire Conditions

EMS and Fire Dept were out on Hospital Rd/Easy St. to transport a rider who crashed. Looked like a bunch of slippery spots. Lot looked pretty full about 10 a.m.

Guys in the lot said that the rider was unconscious for five minutes, probably concussion, after landing on his head. Hope he's ok.

PXL_20220206_182233667.MP.jpg

Trail conditions were 3.8/4 while still frozen midday.

One patch of mud, one wheel stuck in deep snow on a north facing slope, avoided the few ice patches.

Last edited:
I saw all the ambulance/rescue trucks going in. Crazy, hope they are okay.

At 1pm Sunday the outer areas that are not sand were thawing bad and getting muddy.

Raining today with some warmer weather this week. There is going to be some slop out there.

I'm fairly new to late winter riding and haven't been to Allaire yet. What do y'all think conditions will be like Saturday morning after this relatively warm week? Too sloppy or rideable?

What do y'all think conditions will be like Saturday morning after this relatively warm week? Too sloppy or rideable?
It should be good, but check back Friday to see if conditions are updated.
Also, ideally you want to get to the park before 9am, it'll probably be hard to park later.

Trails are good! Parkway side is a mess! Main Allaire is no issues!

As far as guy crashing Sunday. Report is he is ok! Nothing broken.

Everyone bitching about riding in mud! Hahhahahha. Anywhere around the world ride in way worse conditions then us. Just go ride! It'll probably improve your riding.

Just think if people went out with Groups and helped new riders instead Bitching about it you'd probably learn from it as well..

Stop cutting roots out! They hold the sand from running down trail!

Watch Out for Karen! ✌

Who runs Jorba these days at Allaire?

OMG Did you see those monster Jumps on Tiger?

My all time Favorite at Allaire is definitely the lazy guy who can't ride around tree makes a straight path!

Johnny Utah why don't contact Strava and have all times reset? I mean trails are different since 2020 let alone 2016 2017 KOMS lol. You and everyone else knows the trails are different! More turns or straight through lol.. Let's see 2022 race season at Allaire begin then 🤣🤣🤣

Learn to ride your Bike before you hurt yourself! Wear a Helmet!
Be Kind!
Don't Litter and stop leaving your beer cans all over who that is!

One last thing! MTB is a building sport! Lots of new riders but also has changed! Some ride XC,Some Enduro and DH! Why can't we all be friends? Help build fun for everyone who rides MTB! No flat earth! Instead bitching on post talk to people. I know weird concept for Keyboard warriors lol

Cheers!

@Remedysurfer732 that is a lot to take in. I will call Strava, we can talk about it over a cigarette. I know you will be on that Strava podium this year. I know it. I hope you are ready for a hug, because I am giving one to you when a see you. BTW I found a picture of us from years ago, I posted it below.

I rode Allaire yesterday. The Hospital Road lot was exceptionally good less a handful of spots, the worst I saw were the switchbacks on Steelman and the river trail. I did not try the Blind Trail because it does not historically hold water well but we shall see. Any wet conditions are in areas that held heavily compacted snow in a south facing / very shaded direction. These wet areas are minimal, it is either really wet, or bone dry. These wet areas are less Than half a percent of the park. It is ready for you to ride.

Trails outside of hospital road are not taking the melt as well and were pretty wet, hoping this changes by tomorrow as we have some good weather again today. This is primarily due to the fact that they hold more clay solid and aren’t sand/sandstone.

Please avoid the mud, ride through it rather than around as going around makes the tread path bigger.
2D796304-6DCA-4D88-AAC5-4FB9728E4CA7.jpeg

For real though, is there any way this could happen? I would love an unofficial Allaire enduro.

I have no idea how an event like this could be started/implemented. Assume park permission would be needed?
There were XC races in the past, I think the last one was 97/98 as I used to course martial them. The amount of damage the trails would see from the race was pretty eye opening. The powers to be basically said no more.

Fun fact, there used to be a trials competition as well, that is where the metal barriers in the sandpit came from.

An enduro would probably be pretty hard on the downhill sections that were used, for example the downhill west of the power lines. The park is not a fan of things like that. Basically all risk on the park with little to no reward. Throw in insurance and if someone gets hurt and the whole thing looks like a headache to those running it.

When I used to race Plattekill back in the day the course condition Friday vs Sunday was astounding. And that area had a ton of rock.

For real though, is there any way this could happen? I would love an unofficial Allaire enduro.

I have no idea how an event like this could be started/implemented. Assume park permission would be needed?

Utah already covered it, but anecdotally:

Not even the latest buzzword (NICA) was enough to budge Monmouth County [yes, I know Allaire is Statey terriotory]. You use a word like "Enduro", and that's gonna be about as successful as trying to take a whale for a walk on the boardwalk.

They already know about all the crap people are building in the back, so we're lucky they haven't thrown us out for that.

@Remedysurfer732 that is a lot to take in. I will call Strava, we can talk about it over a cigarette. I know you will be on that Strava podium this year. I know it. I hope you are ready for a hug, because I am giving one to you when a see you. BTW I found a picture of us from years ago, I posted it below.

I rode Allaire yesterday. The Hospital Road lot was exceptionally good less a handful of spots, the worst I saw were the switchbacks on Steelman and the river trail. I did not try the Blind Trail because it does not historically hold water well but we shall see. Any wet conditions are in areas that held heavily compacted snow in a south facing / very shaded direction. These wet areas are minimal, it is either really wet, or bone dry. These wet areas are less Than half a percent of the park. It is ready for you to ride.

Trails outside of hospital road are not taking the melt as well and were pretty wet, hoping this changes by tomorrow as we have some good weather again today. This is primarily due to the fact that they hold more clay solid and aren’t sand/sandstone.

Please avoid the mud, ride through it rather than around as going around makes the tread path bigger.View attachment 178455
Haha. Great Picture!

Plattekill Rules!

Allaire Enduro Race has to be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Don't even have DH longer than a 50 secs! 6 stages would have a time of 3 mins. But if we do this Jumps everywhere Johnny Utah 🤣🤣🤣🤣↩Johnny Utah will Understand the Jumps Everywhere comment.. Don't get your panties in Bunch Allaire Police!

Ride through all puddles🤣🤣🤣 or just bunny hop them oh wait it's Allaire keep your tires on ground or Allaire Karen will take photos and post it here to make sure You know about it.

Watch out for those Jumps on Tiger!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions