Admittedly, playing to stereotypes...

must be coming out of T1 at a triathlon.....

That's about right.
Going in is even more interesting - people dismount 50 yards away and walk in - whatever makes them feel safe.

Yeah
Honestly I don't know what I'm watching. To me its just a bunch of people starting to ride their bikes? :shrug:
Yeah I'm not following either. I guess their not mounting smooth or fast enough? Try clipping into SPDs on a 30% grade. :rolleyes:

I've never been to or really watched a triathlon, but it seems the bike transfer area is somewhere off camera and then they have to walk/run their bike past the red line to the right before they can get on?

Otherwise, I agree with Rick. Which is why I run mtn bike pedals and shoes on my road bike. When it's just me by myself riding around, the performance benefits of road pedals are less important than easier walking and clipping in.

I've never been to or really watched a triathlon, but it seems the bike transfer area is somewhere off camera and then they have to walk/run their bike past the red line to the right before they can get on?

Otherwise, I agree with Rick. Which is why I run mtn bike pedals and shoes on my road bike. When it's just me by myself riding around, the performance benefits of road pedals are less important than easier walking and clipping in.
The pros have their shoes clipped into their bikes and they hop on and you put the shoe on while riding

As someone who has worked a few volunteer shifts at triathlons, definitely the weekend warrior class.

yes - mount/dismount line.

it should look just like jumping off to go over a barrier at cx getting off - run then flying mount getting on,
nice and smooth. like the video!

yes - mount/dismount line.

it should look just like jumping off to go over a barrier at cx getting off - run then flying mount getting on,
nice and smooth. like the video!
I really want to see the transition zone in the ballon/bike races. Running through some random field the ballon landed in, in a singlet, not-socks and an aero helmet.

Back
Top Bottom