A bit early --Longest Day Ride 2016

I am in discussion with those who plan the route. I do like this particular and will recommend we keep it as long as construction and other road factors allow. I'll keep you posted any updates.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I'm hearing a date change to June 4. I think this a bad move and will weigh in on that soon. For now, that's the official unofficial date.

I rode through that Chatsworth section this weekend and was reminded of the hell that is South Jersey. Holy fuck. I spend days on the Canal and still want to kill myself every time I'm South of Allentown on the road. At one point I was praying a car would hit me just so something different would happen.

I rode through that Chatsworth section this weekend and was reminded of the hell that is South Jersey. Holy fuck. I spend days on the Canal and still want to kill myself every time I'm South of Allentown on the road. At one point I was praying a car would hit me just so something different would happen.
Fawk, that's bad. There are times I want to drown in the canal rather than ride further. Thank God for headphones.

Do it Sunday since you're not doing the Epic.
Already have another couple rides planned. Some intrastate touring then Philly sunday for superbowl with the inlaws. I need to get on top of my scheduling better. Dumbass move on my part thinking epic was saturday

UPDATE:
As some of you may know I am a member of the CJBC. I've thrown my hat into the ring to help this thing grow legs and are in discussion right now about the Longest Day.

Tentative dates:
June 4 with a rain date set for June 18.

Some things being discussed but are NOT set in stone are:
A) official rest stop(s) with drink refills and
some food refreshments
B) A t-shirt and water bottle with registration
C) Registration fees
D) location of starting point
E) group rates for local hotels or camp sites at
the start and finish areas
F) optional Longest Day ride jersey -- $
G) the route
H) insurance

We are really trying to make this happen including keeping the registration fees to an absolute minimum. If you have any thoughts or suggestions you'd like to express please feel free to either post them up here, PM me, or join the club. It's only $15. for the whole year!
www.cjbc.org

Meanwhile, please visit the Event Calender on the web site and come ride with me! It's free and there's no obligation to join.

Would be cool for this to be official again. The first year I did it I joined CJBC and did it all legit. Thanks for making things happen!!

Back
Top Bottom