9/24-25 Weekend in Pics

Spent the weekend in Vermont for the VT50. Hit up Woodstock Vt and found this cool bridge.
Found some cows on a frosty morning today.
Friends kids made a great poster to hang on race course.
Temp at race start at 6am. Just a bit cold. And more cold cows
SuperPhoto_160924132808.jpg
PicsArt_09-26-01.56.16.jpg
20160925_051204.jpg
20160924_205405.jpg
IMG_20160926_141523.jpg

IMG_20160925_072037561.jpg

Went for the 6 Gap ride just north of Atlanta. Out of 2,500 riders, I saw 2 (besides me) on MTN bikes. 104 miles, 11,200 feet of climbing. I was slow, but I made it and I liked it. Nice scenery going over the mountain passes in southern Appalachians. Next year, HTT in NJ.

late to the party bump,
Matthew wanted to show everyone that he just got done basically riding the (training) wheels off his bike. Nice weather for a family bike ride! Also, colorful footwear!

Jason's wheels look no better.

IMG_0345.jpg

Was in Grand Rapids Michigan for my cousins wedding.

Got off the plane and headed to Brewery Vivant. Came recommended from a friend who went to school out there.

IMG_3829.JPG

Saturday Morning went to Frederik Meijer Garden and Sculpture Park. Pretty cool place. Just like Grounds For Sculpture in Hamilton. Had an awesome waterfall section with Koi pond and an amazingly huge Japanese Garden with some really cool banzai trees.

IMG_3847.JPG

IMG_3858.JPG

IMG_3874.JPG

Following that we went to Founders Brewery for lunch. KBS was some strong stuff. Apparently 12.6% beer is in high demand.

IMG_3882.JPG

IMG_3884.JPG

Barn wedding.

IMG_3892.JPG

Wake up Sunday, visit with some folks and head home.

More about the brew stops in the beer thread.

Had a wedding in Durango CO

20160924_184550.jpg

Before the wedding, my superwoman wife ran a half marathon that went up to the summit.

She finished 14 out of 200, 2nd in her age group, and 5th place for women.

No marathon training, no altitude training, no trail running experience....

Course-Map.jpg

20160924_105943-1.jpg

Was in Grand Rapids Michigan for my cousins wedding.

Got off the plane and headed to Brewery Vivant. Came recommended from a friend who went to school out there.

View attachment 41707

Saturday Morning went to Frederik Meijer Garden and Sculpture Park. Pretty cool place. Just like Grounds For Sculpture in Hamilton. Had an awesome waterfall section with Koi pond and an amazingly huge Japanese Garden with some really cool banzai trees.

View attachment 41708

View attachment 41709

View attachment 41711

Following that we went to Founders Brewery for lunch. KBS was some strong stuff. Apparently 12.6% beer is in high demand.

View attachment 41712

View attachment 41713

Barn wedding.

View attachment 41714

Wake up Sunday, visit with some folks and head home.

More about the brew stops in the beer thread.

e843bc2cef6808b0fee8ea9a9c82f3cb_640x640.jpg

4640d0ded32215eb31575e7757e5d311_640x640.jpg

It took me a long time to see this. Now THIS was funny. @gtluke @axcxnj KT this weekend! Nice, sunny and a balmy 30 overnight!

Thursday spent the afternoon trying to poop out dogbutt so that when I'm away for the
weekend so she behaves.
i-BGP8FF6-1903x1070.jpg

Friday I spent the day pestering @axcxnj and @ajcourain to hurry the F up so we can go on a trip!
Met the Courains and Adam at my house

Aaron proclaimed that he was going to spend the entire weekend trying to rile me up and make fun of my diet. Game on.
First stop was a Popeye's chicken in some GHETTO. Adam and I did not partake in this "food"
I felt very out of place.
i-j9qn99L-1903x1070.jpg

Pulled into Kingdom Trails after midnight, set up a god damn tent, and went to sleep with Adam. It was cold!
Woke up, ate some breakfast where Adam confessed that he didn't have a sleeping bag. I was in the tent and I could have sworn he had one, but it was just a down blanket. Poor guy, it was cold! Then we went to the general store so the Courain's could get their sugar fix. So I ate second breakfast there of some scrambled eggs.
Then out for a ride! It was cold! did I mention it was god damn cold up there?
But after 45 minutes we started warming up and we all enjoyed watching Aly try and take off her long pants while leaving her mtb shoes on. This was entertaining.
i-bqW64kM-X2.jpg

Made our way over to the good stuff
i-nkBnc37-X2.jpg

i-nrBqNxc-XL.jpg

Stopped for some mandatory photo ops while Aly and Aaron split a 2 pound bag of gummy bears.
i-gJBbLfZ-X2.jpg

i-68nkCRS-1903x1070.jpg

Aaron started getting super frustrated at my spaghetti map and started demanding we do the trails all wrong. The engineer in him wanted to do all the trails like how a google maps car hits all the streets in NY. He just could not wrap his head around how that would not work at kingdom trails. IT DOESN'T SAY ONE WAY, LETS JUST GO UP TAP AND DIE AND DOWN TODY'S TOUR.

I missed @Dominique
i-PTsZRSs-X2.jpg

At some point Aaron proclaimed that his goal in life was to build a trail called "the best trail in the world' and have the first 300ft of trail be super awesome. And then it just turns to pure shit. So that he can laugh at all the stupid people that went down his trail. We all told him that he needs to see a doctor.

After 30 miles everyone started shutting down from lack of food and we bumped into @PlayAllDay at the top of Kitchell. That was neat. At some point that day we ran into 2 Beacon Bombers and @JSantana and his wife.
Was cool seeing NJ peeps up there.

Tried to get some dinner, but it was clear that vermont hates us or something. There seemed to be plenty of seats left in both places we stopped at but they "couldn't seat us till 9". It was like 6:30
Ugh, so we went back to the general store. I packed all my meals, so I was fine. Aaron was having sugar withdrawl so we went to the general store where he ate an entire pizza.
We hung out in there till closing, went back in the van and watched caddyshack.
Then I jumped out of the van into the tent and passed out. It got COLD that night.
I had all of Aaron's 0 deg camping stuff, winter tent, 0 deg bag, booties, and I barely kept it together. I can tolerate the heat very well, the cold not so much. Unless I'm moving, then I'm pretty okay. Once I lay down in the cold and my heart rate drops my hands and feet turn into ice cubes. I have very very low blood flow to my hands and feet. And I forgot to take my boner pills to help with that. I also bought a 12v heated blanket and brought it, but I left my jump pack to power it plugged into the wall in my garage so that was useless.
COLD

i-kXnxmb4-1903x1070.jpg

In the morning Aaron went on a 10 minute rant about how people who spend more than him on vans are complete assholes and they are doing everything in life wrong and they should all be put to death for buying RV's
Then we went back to the general store for 2nd breakfast after Aly and Aaron split an entire box of pop tarts. Got some more eggs and green peppers.

Yay bikes!

i-jjMHN8Z-X2.jpg

After waiting at the bottom of Moose Aly for like 25 minutes for Aaron to finally show up, he went on some rant about how anyone with a full suspension or carbon bike is a complete asshole, and how tubeless tires are stupid and that the best bike to go down moose aly was a road bike. It was weird.

Man do my colors clash.
i-DPLnMSF-X2.jpg

Aaron was too tired to continue on from lack of sugar, so we went to the tiki bar. I ate my packed lunch.
Then we packed up and noticed what that sound was on Aly's bike AARON
i-SxmSzfp-X2.jpg

Then we drove to the Cabot Cheese factory to not take the tour.
Then we drove to the Ben and Jerry's factory to not take the tour but the courains needed a sugar fix so Aly bought coffee ice cream even though she hates coffee ice cream.
Then we drove to burlington to buy ski poles and stare at hippies.
Then we hit up a chipotle so Aaron could do lines of lemonade up his nose.
At some point Aaron proclaimed that Casa De Tortilla made better burritos than Macho Nacho and I think Adam's head exploded.
Then home.
It was a great trip. I had a great time despite Aaron being super grumpy all weekend.
But thanks for driving Aaron.
AND YOU'RE WELCOME FOR NAVIGATING ALL THE THINGS AARON ;)

Back
Top Bottom