8-6-2005 Saturday - Allamuchy (Deer Park Section) @ 9:30am

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Deer Park Road is accessible from Route 517, just a few miles south of Route 80. If you need directions, PM me.

-jay

S

scubasteve

Holy crap I hope I get my bike in this week, because I'm game if it's here...

(as long as you don't mind a newbie)

Shaggz

A strong 7
scubasteve said:

We'll have to tlalk, because I'm considering getting a road bike (I know, I know :roll: ) to start getting more miles under my belt...

M

Mikey_C

We'll have to tlalk, because I'm considering getting a road bike (I know, I know ) to start getting more miles under my belt...

i contemplated the decision for a bit but realized to get some real miles i needed a road. now im riding 3 days a week to work(44 miles round trip) and really appreciate the workout and nicer commute. Even if your not doing the commute thing its nice to not have to drive and get your butt in a saddle.

althought between your c-dale and the new Rush i saw at the race yesterday its killing me i blew my bike budget already, but still looking for ways to justify another purchase

-mike[/quote]

Shaggz

A strong 7
44 miles round trip? That must be a great ride.

I must admit that the ride into NYC would be a blast, the 2 hills on 80 around exit 39, and that last push up RTE 15 would probably do me in - :shock:

S

scubasteve

carl said:
steve what kind of bike are you getting??

As long as all goes as planned, my cousin scored me a '05 Trek 4500 at a ridiculous price. I'm hoping he ships it out today so that I can ride this weekend. I'm really looking forward to joining you guys!!

S

scubasteve

smarencik said:
scubasteve said:

We'll have to tlalk, because I'm considering getting a road bike (I know, I know :roll: ) to start getting more miles under my belt...

If you're riding primarily road, then it's worth it. Very, very worth it. If you have any questions, shoot me a msg anytime!

A

Ant

smarencik said:
scubasteve said:

I'll ride on the road with ya! :D

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Looks like we have a pretty good sized crew for tomorrow. Anyone confused as to where we are meeting, take Route 80 to Exit 19. Take 517 South into panther valley and make a left on Deer Park Road. We meet at the first lot at the round about.

M

mike240se

smarencik said:
44 miles round trip? That must be a great ride.

I must admit that the ride into NYC would be a blast, the 2 hills on 80 around exit 39, and that last push up RTE 15 would probably do me in - :shock:

good luck riding a bike on route 80. If the state troopers dont get you, some schmuck riding the shoulder will. :twisted:

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Great ride today besides the obvious problems on 517. Did about 16 miles and the pace really kicked my ass but I'm not complaining. Dodging racers was fun also. :lol:

Shaggz

A strong 7
scubasteve said:
carl said:
steve what kind of bike are you getting??

As long as all goes as planned, my cousin scored me a '05 Trek 4500 at a ridiculous price. I'm hoping he ships it out today so that I can ride this weekend. I'm really looking forward to joining you guys!!

you get that bike yet???

Top Bottom