6 Mile Run Conditions

have some time today, and can get over there with a chainsaw - and luckily not sensitive to the evil plants - can i clear the trail (it if isn't done) or is that a no-no..

have some time today, and can get over there with a chainsaw - and luckily not sensitive to the evil plants - can i clear the trail (it if isn't done) or is that a no-no..

While your offer to clear with a chainsaw is appreciated, no one is permitted to operate power equipment without Park approval. Please check with Jdog before doing any work at 6 Mile.

thank you!

While your offer to clear with a chainsaw is appreciated, no one is permitted to operate power equipment without Park approval. Please check with Jdog before doing any work at 6 Mile.

thank you!
Thanks for the quick note! Will see what i can do to help in the future.

Here is a pic of that tree - about 20" caliber - sitting diagonal across the trail -
need to remove about 10 feet of it. i tried to tag the lat/lon but didn't do it correctly - maybe it is contained in the picture info

Tree with nasty poison plant growing on it!

Trails are looking good - got out of there just before the storm - so will
update tomorrow.

as an aside, i picked up more garbage than i'd like to - esp GU packs. I doubt it was anyone on this site......

Last edited:
Where is that tree? Maybe a reroute in the works? i wouldnt want to touch that, those poison plants destroy me for like 3-4 weeks!

fidodie, where in branchburg are you? feel free to let me know if you are looking to ride...

Where is that tree? Maybe a reroute in the works? i wouldnt want to touch that, those poison plants destroy me for like 3-4 weeks!

fidodie, where in branchburg are you? feel free to let me know if you are looking to ride...

Will get a map fix on it tomorrow - dropped you a PM.

That tree is pretty thick...possibly 30" diameter or better. It's also pretty long and I don't think a re-route is doable. It needs to be hacked.

That tree has more poison ivy on it than it has bark! I definately don't recomend trying to hop over it, unless you like to itch alot!

Ohh you def will be itching, I am have it all over my legss.. I dont think a reroute is possible since the size of the tree and the lil creek next to it.. So it will have to be a removal.. There is a shortcut you can turn off the trail before the tree as well... Yep its def in the B2 section....

Last edited:
Well i tried to do it yesterday @5:30pm...didnt storm at home so i figured it was a shower..not so much was soupy and slick with lots of standing water.

Went 1/8mi turned around didnt want to hack the trails.

i dont know how well the trails hold water as ive never been there, but with the heat and sun id say by 5pm today, would be a good bet that its rideable.

Well i tried to do it yesterday @5:30pm...didnt storm at home so i figured it was a shower..not so much was soupy and slick with lots of standing water.

Went 1/8mi turned around didnt want to hack the trails.

i dont know how well the trails hold water as ive never been there, but with the heat and sun id say by 5pm today, would be a good bet that its rideable.

groovy. thanks!

Just got back - some small puddles on blue, but the trails are firm. logs are slippery (expected) - there were quite a few twigs on the trail. cleared anything larger than an inch.

here is the location of the downed tree

it is 0.3 miles from the service entrance on blackwells mills - ride up the western, field-side trail, turn left into the woods - go left at the T, over the bridge and another 50ish feet.

It is 20" diameter - it looks bigger because it is floating off the ground a bit. at the same location, there is a dead tree to ride under - it should come down, as it is broken at the bottom, and hanging in the branches of another tree (a good push should do it)

if it helps - it is at the info icon
mapmyride

Last edited:
trails were awesome this evening but then the T-storm blew through around 7:15 just as i was finishing up. Got the classic 6-mile tan lines goin. Trails wont be good tomorrow but weekend will probably be ok if we dont get much more rain.
mail

trails were awesome this evening but then the T-storm blew through around 7:15 just as i was finishing up. Got the classic 6-mile tan lines goin. Trails wont be good tomorrow but weekend will probably be ok if we dont get much more rain.
mail

We were there too. Just about a mile and a half to go when it opened up on us.

Got to see a ninja rider too. Sorry ninja rider, I was the guy who almost pulled in front of you at the red/blue merge.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions