6 Mile Run Conditions

I did it yesterday (Friday) around noon and it was packed. I agree with feeling unsafe.
Did CR this morning at daybreak and saw a fair amount of hikers, even at that hour.
Noticing a ton more litter everywhere I go.

What's a good nearby alternative? Am looking for a quieter option. 27 entrance to 6MR is literally 0.5mi from my driveway, but I'm getting sick of the crowds. Skill wise, I've only been riding 6mos and still struggle to clean some of the climbs on Red, esp near the canal exit. Hence haven't thought about trying Chimney Rock or something.

those red climbs are harder than most of the stuff at CR. And no shame in walking after giving it a go.
To avoid the crowds at CR, avoid the water!

Nassau is nice as mentioned
Round Valley is a fitness workout - not much tech but either going up or down at all times. (except the eagle trail which isn't open for another couple weeks)
Not sure what the situation is at mercer county park right now.

Holy smokes is it dry! There's a board out on the big boardwalk leading to the concrete bridge. Also, someone's been messing with the log overs that are off to the side on blue. Not removing them but moving one or two logs on the backsides so you don't know it until you're on it. They're not even on the main tread of the trail so it doesn't make sense to me why anyone would mess with them but I figured I'd mention it so nobody gets caught off guard and crashes unnecessarily.

Holy smokes is it dry! There's a board out on the big boardwalk leading to the concrete bridge. Also, someone's been messing with the log overs that are off to the side on blue. Not removing them but moving one or two logs on the backsides so you don't know it until you're on it. They're not even on the main tread of the trail so it doesn't make sense to me why anyone would mess with them but I figured I'd mention it so nobody gets caught off guard and crashes unnecessarily.

I hope "chainsaw guy" hasn't moved on from Hartshorne...

I hope "chainsaw guy" hasn't moved on from Hartshorne...
It's one thing to cut out what you view as an "obstruction" but these aren't impeding movement and all have a go-around. It feels a little more insidious than what that guy was doing, almost like whoever is doing it wants to see someone get hurt. I seriously hope I'm wrong and it's just overuse or something but it really does appear intentional.

Reactions: Tim
So now there are more than just the one we hit on Saturday ? I mean one could be anything? But if all those log overs are being messed with.....that's just F'ed up !

Thanks for the heads up on the missing board Jay, able to get out tonight and replace it. Pulled half of the beaver dam out at the concrete bridge before the big rain event tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on the missing board Jay, able to get out tonight and replace it. Pulled half of the beaver dam out at the concrete bridge before the big rain event tomorrow.

Thanks Bill! I was thinking about this today...

Good sized tree across the trail at head height(not for me though, I'm short) right after the steel bridge on blue heading towards South Middlebush.
20200718_104033.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions