4.6" tire advice

2013coss

Just picked up a 2015 FatBoy with the 4.6" Ground Control tires. Running tubes for the time being, is it true you can use a 4" tube? Flatted last week and tried it but it never seemed to fill the tire. Do I need to pump them up to 20psi at home to stretch? Thanks in advance.

If it’s a stretchy tube like the Surly Lightweight. A stiffer tube will usually not expand near the valve.

Just picked up a 2015 FatBoy with the 4.6" Ground Control tires. Running tubes for the time being, is it true you can use a 4" tube? Flatted last week and tried it but it never seemed to fill the tire. Do I need to pump them up to 20psi at home to stretch? Thanks in advance.
I run GC 4.6s on two different wheelsets and use the tubes that originally came with my 3.8 Surly Nates. Never had an issue filling them out rock hard to set the bead. You should be fine.

I have a 2016 fatboy .....I just put 45north dunberbeast on the rear ( I think I spelled that right) and a flowbeast on the front ,both 4.6. . I only have a few rides on them ( trail rides, not snow ) and I don't like them much better then the o.e. ground controls I took off

Back
Top Bottom