2x9

i bashed my big ring doing tree rides at the north shore.

fawking insane.

i was riding this super-trick 29er set-up with only the big and middle rings. i dropped into the middle ring on this sick 18% grade two mile up-hill switch back...which basically means i rode is SS...and forgot to click it back when i was doing the grinds on the logs on the way down. chunked it up pretty good and all the Dudes i was riding with were totally like: 'dude! that was sick, sick, sick!'

now back to our regularly scheduled program: i had three rings on my trek fuel. now i ride a 29er SS. join or die. :D

2x9 with the big rings, no little ring. Bashing your chain rings? I don't even have a bash ring on my DH race bike. E-13 LG1 chain guide, no bash guard.

Maybe a single middle ring for those epic all day rides - but we live in New Jersey, never more than an hour from the lot. :rofl:

now back to our regularly scheduled program: i had three rings on my trek fuel. now i ride a 29er SS. join or die. :D

Isn't the proper quote "You will be assimilated, resistance is futile...".

"Join or die" is unbecoming of a 29er/SS Borg...

Be a man! If you're gonna do a 2x9, take off the little ring wuss!

:getsome:

I know you are just a teacher but......if I remove the big and little ring that would make it a 1x9. or is that just the morris county edumacation i dun did got.:D

I know you are just a teacher but......if I remove the big and little ring that would make it a 1x9. or is that just the morris county edumacation i dun did got.:D
Did you learn how to read? I said remove just the little ring - instead of the big ring - sheesh. Lol...

taking off the little ring defeats the advantages of running a 2 x 9 setup in the first place...

Nay nay I say. Most of the pros (and Jim Reeland) run w/o a granny ring. First time i ever saw such a looney idea was at pedros last year riding w/ barry wicks. You truly have to be an animal to do such a thing. If i ever have another bike w/ gears i would hope to do such a thing as well. It would almost make riding gears cool.

Nay nay I say. Most of the pros (and Jim Reeland) run w/o a granny ring. First time i ever saw such a looney idea was at pedros last year riding w/ barry wicks. You truly have to be an animal to do such a thing. If i ever have another bike w/ gears i would hope to do such a thing as well. It would almost make riding gears cool.

In the early 90's when I was racin' (and a lot younger), I never used the granny ring...in fact, I used the big ring quite a bit back then. I could've gone 2x8 back then, but chucking the granny instead of the big ring ;)

Gawd it'd be great to have that much strength and conditioning again...'hell, I'd take just being in my late 20's again.

I guess it depends on the use. Not sure if the original post was looking for more clearence or to drop the weight of the little ring. I run a 2x9 because I wouldn't use the bing ring that much and I enjoy not worrying about catching it on logs/rocks as much...

I use the big ring a lot and wouldn't sacrafice it. If you catch it on logs, jump higher ;) I rarely use the little ring. If I use it I'm better off running.

I use the big ring a lot and wouldn't sacrafice it. If you catch it on logs, jump higher ;) I rarely use the little ring. If I use it I'm better off running.

You have to remember not everyone is racing. Also, there are a lot of people who would say any suspension is wimpy as well. And I'm sure there's a nut job out there who runs solid rubber tires too. My bet is that he shoots blanks.

Yea I know, I'm always coming from the racing mindset. I forget that some people use their bikes for fun :D Oh wait racing is fun!!!;)

i thought you worked in a shop?

you are confusing the "boys". pay attention sean.

town cycle boy = wrench

monkey boy = hangs out too much in town cycle not listening to the wrench.

in monkey boy's credit he does hang out a lot in JH and as some felon once said: "and that's a good thing"

bog, i will show you how to adjust that screw, adjust it for you, then you can take in into pete and have him set it correctly ;)

Reading, like brakes, is for suckers.
Its more entertaining to just assume and stir up some s&*t.
not to mention, if I remove the little ring how much fun is that going to be for the wife? :hmmm:

Did you learn how to read? I said remove just the little ring - instead of the big ring - sheesh. Lol...

Mergs, as usual you pop up with some good stuff.
"monkey boy = hangs out too much in town cycle not listening to the wrench."
So freakin spot on.
thanks for the offer to assist with the set screw setting but I think I got it. If it ever dries out around here I can test it out.

Back
Top Bottom