2024 National Trails Day- Perrineville Lake Park; Saturday, 6/1

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
20240427_115256.jpg
20240427_132351.jpg

Hey folks, come join us for National Trails Day on Saturday, June 1st at Perrineville Lake Park. We have some light trail work in the morning session, followed by a lunch and an afternoon session consisting of a mountain bike ride, touring 10 miles of new trails. There is another 5 miles of trail across the road for those wishing to ride longer. Come for the whole day or just part of it, a break down of the itinerary is below. This does require registration, but its free. If you haven't been to this park yet, or haven't seen the newest trails, this is a great opportunity to come check it out.

Please fill out a volunteer application if you have not done so, this is required in order to attend, its a Monmouth County Park System event.

If you have filled out the volunteer application, please use the link below to register.
https://www.cervistech.com/acts/con...186&console_type=event_list&ht=1&event_id=395
Copy to Clipboard
Generate QR Code

Reach out to me if you have any questions.

• Morning Session; 9:00am-11:30 Trail Pruning. Park at 211 Millstone Rd Perrineville, this is the United Presbyterian Church.
  • Lunch 11:45-12:30
  • Afternoon Session; 12:30-2pm Mountain Bike Ride. Park at 95 Pine Hill Rd Millstone Township. On corner of Pine Hill Rd and Millstone Rd.​

I am not sure I can make this, but I will try cause I rode here this past Sunday for the first time and it was fun! I think I parked in the wrong lot (if there is a wrong one), but was able to put in almost 16 miles so I think I hit all the trails. Will Perrineville earn its own thread under the "South Jersey" trail section on mtbnj? With maps, pointers, conditions, etc? :)

I am not sure I can make this, but I will try cause I rode here this past Sunday for the first time and it was fun! I think I parked in the wrong lot (if there is a wrong one), but was able to put in almost 16 miles so I think I hit all the trails. Will Perrineville earn its own thread under the "South Jersey" trail section on mtbnj? With maps, pointers, conditions, etc? :)

They'll need to fill in the forms (paper and pen) then fax or mail it to the proper address...........the committee is adjourned for the summer, so discussion in October, vote in Nov, ratify vote in Dec. requisition to add it to the site, etc. There is always a spelling error, so a change request or two....

Good that you've suggested it, so we can get ahead of the process.
;)

@pooriggy - let me know...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the new trails. There really is no wrong spot to park, a lot of the trails are out and back.
We do need to add this to the South Jersey trail directory, since we've added 10 miles of new flow trails in the last 3 yrs.
Hopefully you can make it out to National Trails Day.

They'll need to fill in the forms (paper and pen) then fax or mail it to the proper address...........the committee is adjourned for the summer, so discussion in October, vote in Nov, ratify vote in Dec. requisition to add it to the site, etc. There is always a spelling error, so a change request or two....

;)

I guess I need to fax over the trail submission form for John Prineville. Let me know what you need from my end.

;)

I have stickers (scratch and sniff or the fuzzy ones) that I can provide as an official seal when the time comes.

There has been a lot of buzz about Perrineville lately, come see what it's all about.

Join us for National Trails Day on Saturday, June 1st at Perrineville Lake Park. We'll have a morning volunteer trail session as well as an afternoon mountain bike ride.

Registration is required and spots are limited. If you have not volunteered with the Monmouth County Park System, fill out a volunteer application and then register for Trails Day, the links are above. If you have volunteered and filled out application then all you need to do is register.

I'll see you at Trails Day next week!

Hard working Wednesday crew; Bob, Bob S, Austin, Ken, Mark and Mike. @don Not pictured.
20240522_123119.jpg

Last edited:
I'll come when you post a picture of me there doing all the work!

We had a glorious day Saturday to celebrate National Trails Day. This day is a celebration of volunteers as much as it is a recognition of trails, since it's volunteers who primarily maintain our trails throughout the nation.

Thank you to the volunteers who came out Saturday as well as anyone who volunteered on trails in the last year.

In this photo, @Mitch , @knobbyhead , @1speeder , @asm
IMG_20240601_174538.jpg

20240601_131925.jpg

Back
Top Bottom