2022 Ringwood trail projects thread

Zaskar

Thanks for the intel. We are aware of that tree and the one above that one. We have some plans to possibly re work some of those legs with a fresh bench cut to narrow the trail down a bit. We will take care of those blowdowns at that time. All that waiting on some rain. :rolleyes:
Did a solo loop in RW yesterday and kept thinking about how none these rides would possible with out the volunteers and JORBA memberships. Seriously, kudos to you guys/gals who are leading and building a network of trails that are amazing and rival any others.

serviceguy

Is dirty Thursday up tomorrow? I noticed Saturday there’s going to be a weekend session, unfortunately I won’t be able to attend as I’m flying to Mexico on Sunday and have a tons of things to do…

serviceguy

It was great to see @pixychick , Art and the crew after what seemed ages of isolation (covid quarantine followed by crazy hours at work). Not sure it the 'rona light (omicron) messed with my finely tuned fisique or it was just an extreme case of being out of shape, but I was beat by the time I climbed to the work area today, I could barely manage to watch other people digging!

The new trail reroute is coming great!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I would like to send a big thanks out to the MTBNJ crew who volunteered to help out a week ago. The re-route is open and complete. Art wants to do a few repairs/tweaks on the existing section above, so he will have a few more Thursday work days. He broke a rib, and is not up for heavy work just yet, so anyone that could lend a hand, would be greatly appreciated. Other than that, hope you all enjoy the re-route.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is the second time I hit like to a post which you say that Art broke his rib. To be clear, I'm liking the new trail, not the broken rib.

We rode it Sunday, it's awesome. I see what he means now about where we dropped those tools at the end of the day. It really does wash your out hard off the trail. Ask me how I know? :)

Also I see the next phase is moving up the hill. Good stuff!

serviceguy

This is the second time I hit like to a post which you say that Art broke his rib. To be clear, I'm liking the new trail, not the broken rib.

We rode it Sunday, it's awesome. I see what he means now about where we dropped those tools at the end of the day. It really does wash your out hard off the trail. Ask me how I know? :)

Also I see the next phase is moving up the hill. Good stuff!
In which direction did you ride it? Going downhill it's awesomer...also, I met Art flagging the new upper section of the trail and inspecting the trails with a broken rib, the guy is a machine!

roc

Holy cow, i rode that new trail today. Incredible! Flow at Ringwood. I would say go get it while it lasts, the new white trail was super buff a few years ago, seems like rocks grow out of the trails in Ringwood

All I can say is THANKS to the volunteers! What an unreliable way to finish a ride. So fun!

serviceguy

Holy cow, i rode that new trail today. Incredible! Flow at Ringwood. I would say go get it while it lasts, the new white trail was super buff a few years ago, seems like rocks grow out of the trails in Ringwood

All I can say is THANKS to the volunteers! What an unreliable way to finish a ride. So fun!
Unreliable?!?!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions