Park Rat Thread

The yellow one??

Also shocked at the number of kids on Walmart bikes with nothing but a helmet on…come on mom and dad context clues of the gear everyone is wearing around you. “I want them to try it before I invest” is the reason they rent gear.
Yeah, saw that yellow one as well friday. I wouldn't have ridden that on a flat, paved road. Came across a father and two small kids (maybe 9 or 10). They were on the backside looking over at the legion/monarch platform when we were about to hit tempest. I had to stop and go back and talk to him. We were going to send him towards tempest, but that would have been disaster as guys fly down that trail and they would've been crawling. The only other option was bluephoria.

I think Creek does everyone a disservice by labeling these trails blue, while for the past ten plus years they were single black diamonds. They might have made them easier, but to these guys that have never been to Creek before, their version of intermediate/blue trails are probably drastically different than what the trail markers imply.

Yeah, saw that yellow one as well friday. I wouldn't have ridden that on a flat, paved road. Came across a father and two small kids (maybe 9 or 10). They were on the backside looking over at the legion/monarch platform when we were about to hit tempest. I had to stop and go back and talk to him. We were going to send him towards tempest, but that would have been disaster as guys fly down that trail and they would've been crawling. The only other option was bluephoria.

I think Creek does everyone a disservice by labeling these trails blue, while for the past ten plus years they were single black diamonds. They might have made them easier, but to these guys that have never been to Creek before, their version of intermediate/blue trails are probably drastically different than what the trail markers imply.
Dude, Jack is a blue trail. Half of my DH friends struggle with the end of that trail. Even Bushwack is blue. That stuff was ALL black when I started.

FWIW, this safety convo is the same as dressing “correct” for any other type of riding, people will figure it out.

Lenosky rides everything with a half shell...have you guys preached to him about it?

Lenosky rides everything with a half shell...have you guys preached to him about it?
No, but I did see him get cussed out after politely approaching a father that had his daughter on a Walmart bike wearing cheerleading shorts about to go into a tech trail. It was pretty funny. Dude went off. I saw them walking down the mountain shortly after.

Still haven’t cleaned the end of DMLH. Someone opened up Victory, which you gotta see. Also need to hit Stigmata.... i was thinking Monday but not after this rain...
wasn't Victory obliterated when they built Greenhorn

They reopened Stalker and Epitaph did you see, Stalker rips and Epitaph gets a little dicey in spots
I need to hook up and follow you guys. I’ve ridden all this stuff in the past but don’t go often enough to know where anything is anymore. I’m hesitant to drop into unfamiliar trails alone.

First Thursday Race this week!!! I was so stoked to rip some breakout, I feel like I have it dialed, but the work gods have bestowed upon me a nice paying gig so we will see... the bike will be in my car just in case! Good luck to all that send!

First Thursday Race this week!!! I was so stoked to rip some breakout, I feel like I have it dialed, but the work gods have bestowed upon me a nice paying gig so we will see... the bike will be in my car just in case! Good luck to all that send!
my first time doing thursday night races. Hey someone has to fill that bottom spot :)

Back
Top Bottom