Park Rat Thread

That's a blue trail? I guess creek's designations have me skewed a bit.

It’s a fair blue I’d say. You can get astounding speed on it and if you go off trail in a few spots you can totally break yourself. The trail itself isn’t super daunting but there’s not a lot of room for error on the edges.

There’s no open border so he can fall back to the southern hick dialect of NH. Should also help the lift line issue a bit.
I didn't even think about that - you're right. Kingdom trails should be less crowded as well.

Insert mental image of hoards of Canadian mtn bikers waiting at the border when opening day is announced...

What a day at creek

Attachments

• 20210514_130833.jpg
    20210514_130833.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 109
So a lot of the old school Diablo single black tech trails have been smoothed out and turned into Blues. However, some of them are still quite challenging, so you need to be careful. For example, Bushwack has been made much easier and recently turned into a Blue. The Jack has been made easier as well , and is now a Blue. However, that can be a challenging trail if hit at speed. Then of course, there are the Blue flow trails, such as Domboo, Breakout, and Indy, which are probably what most other parks consider what a Blue trail is.

Yes, they are working on Stigmata. You can see the end on your right while you are on Greenhorn, right before the wooden bridge. That slab looks completely insane.

My first day ever at Creek, I ended up on BMW/US Open/Stigmata, I was having trouble even walking down those trails. I thought I was going to die......

I'm not sure all of the trails are open yet
I forgot to recap my experience, but this pretty much sums it up. Lines weren’t bad, but yeah I am spoiled by gondola speed. Aside from Cats Paw or whatever that flow trail is, the only things open were double black tech trails. I guess because they require very little maintenance. I love riding tech and those trails were great, but that’s not what I had in mind when I got in the car at 4am to drive to New Hampshire. I was expecting never ending jumps and drops.

The only big send we found open was Reef Drop on Threshold(?). It was dope . That whole trail was pretty gnarly and made the day worth it.

First attempt...several party trains followed...

I forgot to recap my experience, but this pretty much sums it up. Lines weren’t bad, but yeah I am spoiled by gondola speed. Aside from Cats Paw or whatever that flow trail is, the only things open were double black tech trails. I guess because they require very little maintenance. I love riding tech and those trails were great, but that’s not what I had in mind when I got in the car at 4am to drive to New Hampshire. I was expecting never ending jumps and drops.
The only big send we found open was Reef Drop on Threshold(?). It was dope . That whole trail was pretty gnarly and made the day worth it.

First attempt...several party trains followed...

That's unfortunate. When I was writing that post, I looked at the trail conditions page on the website and according to that Hellion was supposed to be open - which is the main Black level jump line.

As someone who is going up for Memorial Day Weekend, should I prepare for a letdown?
No. According to insta they have opened a lot already since then.

I saw videos of people riding big jumps and features over the weekend after Friday that I swear were not opened. I also lost a lot of time because I broke my bike second run so it’s possible I was just blindly hammering out runs after that without actually looking.

No. According to insta they have opened a lot already since then.

I saw videos of people riding big jumps and features over the weekend after Friday that I swear were not opened. I also lost a lot of time because I broke my bike second run so it’s possible I was just blindly hammering out runs after that without actually looking.
I just saw an IG post from Highland that Hellion still isn't quite open yet. Someone asked and they just replied, "soon." That said, I'd be surprised if everything isn't ready by Memorial Day weekend.

Back
Top Bottom