Park Rat Thread

Neko is so good. Hope his WC results start creeping back up there, he's certainly capable of it.

I also thought the George Ryan line through there, far to rider's left and then skip the berm, was pretty interesting. I watched that section in qualifying in 2019 and it was terrifying all around.

Neko is so good. Hope his WC results start creeping back up there, he's certainly capable of it.

I also thought the George Ryan line through there, far to rider's left and then skip the berm, was pretty interesting. I watched that section in qualifying in 2019 and it was terrifying all around.
Yeah Georges line was sick too! Both require a lot more ill say "courage" than I have at the speed needed.

seeing Niko gap the asylum rock garden online was one thing...seeing him do it in person was another.
Dude Neko came through there so fast I didn't even realize what happened. I've ridden that rock many times and can't imaging the speed and commitment to gap into the transition like that. George was racing a 150mm bike and sending that shit.... that's crazy.

Heard rumors of this... What the hell?

Screenshot_20210809-133122.png

Wow... Some of the course marshalls were better than others. The only trail on that side of mtn that was open was Tempest and we rode it a few times. There was one section where we had to stop to cross the race course. The first couple of times we did it, the marshall was up near the tree line where they had a good view of incoming racers and they were able to tell us when it was clear to cross. Later in the afternoon, the marshall was closer to the crossing and didn't have a good line of sight. I asked her to move up to get a better view after she sent us across and I just got across ahead of a racer. Hopefully she did. A tough situation since racers would be coming out of the woods so fast.

That gap in Asylum is just insane. Here's the 5th place finisher's version:

My teammates in DC have known Cameron since he was in diapers. His parents own one of the larger bike shops in the DC area.

WTF 😳 wonder if he really “grabbed” his bars or just got clipped. It’s hard to make sense of a crash at that high of speed. Them chaingang kids don’t fuck around. Either way the guy that’s supposed to ensure the course is clear was not clear of the course…
I hope his GoPro was on

WTF 😳 wonder if he really “grabbed” his bars or just got clipped. It’s hard to make sense of a crash at that high of speed. Them chaingang kids don’t fuck around. Either way the guy that’s supposed to ensure the course is clear was not clear of the course…

My only theory is that there was a crash further down the course (at the time there were a bunch of crashes on course during amateur practice) and he grabbed the dude's bars to have him stop? I couldn't fathom thinking that was a good idea but I do remember hearing over the radio "Marshals are to not touch any riders or bikes for any circumstances" which I thought was a post crash thing that maybe someone was trying to help them up or grab their bike.

Insane stuff. Glad the kid is okay.

My only theory is that there was a crash further down the course (at the time there were a bunch of crashes on course during amateur practice) and he grabbed the dude's bars to have him stop? I couldn't fathom thinking that was a good idea but I do remember hearing over the radio "Marshals are to not touch any riders or bikes for any circumstances" which I thought was a post crash thing that maybe someone was trying to help them up or grab their bike.

Insane stuff. Glad the kid is okay.
Practice on Saturday was kinda shit show , lots of people on course and almost every run had to come to complete stop because of bottlenecks or crashes . I think every time it was other riders informing people to slow down or stop and not marshals . The 2 worst spots were after the 2 gap jumps leading into the fresh cut tech rock drop section and just after that the steep bit next to legion . Overall though it was a hell of a good time and ill definitely be doing more dh races

Question, I’m thinking of changing it up this week, I ride mountain creek couple times a week. This week I was thinking about changing it up and trying out either Windham or blue mtb for the day. Which one do most people prefer for a day trip?

Question, I’m thinking of changing it up this week, I ride mountain creek couple times a week. This week I was thinking about changing it up and trying out either Windham or blue mtb for the day. Which one do most people prefer for a day trip?
pretty sure Blue has twice as many trails.

The jump line (Wilderness Roll) on Windham is pretty fun. I counted 55+ jumps from top to bottom last i went. It's worth a visit for a day just for change of pace.

There's a diversion off the jump line after all you've passed all the jumps that has a drop feature. Its located just before a right hander berm and there's a small sign marking it. Take that diversion and you can go into the limited forest singletrack trails.

The natural terrain trail (Batavia Skill) is fun for jibbing around on but you need to carry speed on it.

The Green trail isn't worth the time if you've been riding creek for a while.

Blue

Practice on Saturday was kinda shit show , lots of people on course and almost every run had to come to complete stop because of bottlenecks or crashes . I think every time it was other riders informing people to slow down or stop and not marshals . The 2 worst spots were after the 2 gap jumps leading into the fresh cut tech rock drop section and just after that the steep bit next to legion . Overall though it was a hell of a good time and ill definitely be doing more dh races
Judging by the number of "DNS" in the results, it looks like Mtn Creek claimed a few.

From NJ, I'd definitely say Blue. For one, Windham is likely a fair bit farther of a drive. Blue does have a new jump trail, but don't ride it expecting Creek-level grooming. It's rough. Blue is nice for the natural trails, although they can be a bit raw and blown out in places. The race course route is fun if you want to practice high speed runs that are a bit different than the trails at Mtn Creek.

Back
Top Bottom