2020/21 Fat Bike Comeback

Fatbikes are better than ebikes

Right before this crash yesterday, I had the lightbulb moment. Gonna take the Mastodon and Bud off the fatbike and put it on the front of my Turbo Levo for the ultimate Snow Mullet Bike. Going forward in snow with the added power of the E bike is easy. Keeping the front wheel from sliding was the issue. Problem should be solved with a Bud.

IMG_9667.jpg

Was wishing I had a fat bike today . Snow ride did not go well! Maybe pick one up during the great bike sell off of 2021 or 2022 when ever people realize their. Not going to ride their new bikes

Right before this crash yesterday, I had the lightbulb moment. Gonna take the Mastodon and Bud off the fatbike and put it on the front of my Turbo Levo for the ultimate Snow Mullet Bike. Going forward in snow with the added power of the E bike is easy. Keeping the front wheel from sliding was the issue. Problem should be solved with a Bud.

View attachment 145810
Or improved riding skills.

Was wishing I had a fat bike today . Snow ride did not go well! Maybe pick one up during the great bike sell off of 2021 or 2022 when ever people realize their. Not going to ride their new bikes
It’s best to go when it freezes over night and stay below freezing the next day. Don’t go out on 45 degrees like today. Now tho it might be a little icey in some spots if some snow has melted. Careful!

It’s best to go when it freezes over night and stay below freezing the next day. Don’t go out on 45 degrees like today. Now tho it might be a little icey in some spots if some snow has melted. Careful!
Especially if there are leaves under the wet snow. It just clumps up and makes for a no traction, crappy ride.

I really haven’t been following the current fat bike designs or much of any. Do they make them with agressive geo now?

Fatbiking is going so well that Specialized discontinued the Fatboy line. I love mine and ride it most of the year. I don't like riding in the snow with it. Yep you read that right. Fatbikes are for dirt!

Fatbiking is going so well that Specialized discontinued the Fatboy line. I love mine and ride it most of the year. I don't like riding in the snow with it. Yep you read that right. Fatbikes are for dirt!
Since Specialized is barely shipping anything it doesn't matter what bikes they discontinue. I still have 99% of my pre-season on backorder.

I really haven’t been following the current fat bike designs or much of any. Do they make them with agressive geo now?

The one company that has gone to more modern geometry is RSD. I think fat bikes are more niche market and companies are not investing in new iterations.

I forget who it is that has an RSD Mayor on here but he rides it aggressively. I have a deposit on a V5 Mayor frame to replace my aging Fatback.

Not crazy geo like modern enduro/trail bikes but less like XC geometry of traditional fat bikes. 66/67 degree head tube angles and 74-75 degree seat tube angles. There are a few like the RSD Mayor, Rocky Mountain Blizzard, POLE Taiga.

I have an RSD Mayor V4 and ride it in all seasons. Very fun bike in any conditions.

I like big bikes and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
When you inflate a big fat 4.8
You get sprung, want to pull up tough
'Cause you notice that rim was stuffed
Deep in the snow is where that tire goes.
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I want to get wit'cha
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me. But with that bike you got, makes... (me so floatie).

That surly got back!

FFB0F171-50F8-4B07-A0ED-3CE050F48C80.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom