2019 [Usually CR] Funday Monday

Is there still issues on those trails, or the park just hasn't gotten around to opening them yet?

As far as I know, the NJ State Forestry something-or-other still needs to come in and give the ok. So you know, could be 4 years waiting on the state to show up.

Great ride today fellas.
20190826_184609.jpg
Screenshot_20190826-210401_ELEMNT.jpg

20190826_184158.jpg

Obligatory Hawk watch pic.

LessFun.png

Diminishing Fun Monday - Sept 2 -
1st day of the Strava Escape Plan

Change of time: 9:00am sharp
Change of venue: Parking at Pickell Park, riding Cushetunk Mountain preserve, and Round Valley
Estimated time: 3 hours, 2+ moving

Riding out through a relatively flat, 10 minute warm-up to the Cushetunk lot, taking the Z climb into RV, down to the eagle trail (closed 9 months a year.)
That is an out-n-back, and I have no idea what the conditions are. The hikers have been doing a great job of taking care of that end of the park
the last few years, so i'm conservatively confident(?) .

We'll then ride the red trail to the back entrance (Pavilion) and make the call there ;) about continuing, or returning.

The route back will include the ridge trail in Cush, which has a bit of hike-a-bike, and some cool tech which looks intimidating,
but is rideable.

I'm leading, and will try to keep a conservative pace, with regroups at turns, and a couple of the peaks.

There is quite a bit of climbing, and a certain amount of cursing that goes with riding Cush/RV -
Embrace it, and you'll have a good ok time.

this is the image the marketing department delivered - i'm not sure they get the idea of attracting customers.....

1567337619424.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom