2018 H2H Race Series

@Norm No worries man. I know this stuff is tough and appreciate all you guys (and gals) do to keep this sport going. I was kind of bummed yesterday, and slightly embarrassed thinking I got them to switch, but now have to pull a 180. Then realized we're just riding bikes and having fun, so not the end of the world.

I'll tell them I goofed, they'll go back to planning on FC for May 12th, and add Stewart as a potential race on June 16th. Unfortunately Serena and I can't make the 16th.... was really looking forward to @Mitch heckling me while I chased the tail end of the CAT 2 racers on my ridiculous bike.

@Norm No worries man. I know this stuff is tough and appreciate all you guys (and gals) do to keep this sport going. I was kind of bummed yesterday, and slightly embarrassed thinking I got them to switch, but now have to pull a 180. Then realized we're just riding bikes and having fun, so not the end of the world.

I'll tell them I goofed, they'll go back to planning on FC for May 12th, and add Stewart as a potential race on June 16th. Unfortunately Serena and I can't make the 16th.... was really looking forward to @Mitch heckling me while I chased the tail end of the CAT 2 racers on my ridiculous bike.
What matt said. All the effort is appreciated. I personally think mtb and tech are meant to be. This is why lewmo, fair hill etc draw all the roadies. I created a thread so everyone can give their opinion and hopefully promoters take someone else’s insite. I don’t think it’s the nature of the beast. I think everythi g can be fixed but it needs to be an open conversation. Dejay Birtch is potentially bri ging an NUE to port jervis in the next few years.

You know I will babysit for you guys if needed. I know your kids are tough but I can handle it.

We're having Graces bday party that day.... But instead of asking @Norm to move the race date to Sunday, im going to put a concerted effort in to moving the party. There is hope!!

.... bday party at Stewart?? Grace is a racer too (just one so far, but it counts :) )

We're having Graces bday party that day.... But instead of asking @Norm to move the race date to Sunday, im going to put a concerted effort in to moving the party. There is hope!!

.... bday party at Stewart?? Grace is a racer too (just one so far, but it counts :) )
I'll make cupcakes!

Any update on Mooch pre-rides? Will the course be open and marked on Saturday morning?

Is the route finalized? Do we know how many laps each category will do?

Thanks to the organizers and volunteers for all of their hard work!!

Course should be marked by tonight.
There will be a pre-ride there on Saturday at 1pm.
See https://www.bikereg.com/mooch-madness for number of laps (depends on your cat).

I created a thread so everyone can give their opinion and hopefully promoters take someone else’s insite. I don’t think it’s the nature of the beast. I think everythi g can be fixed but it needs to be an open conversation.
From what I've read in the previous posts, people stoped racing for a bunch of different reasons and a lot of these reasons are lifestyle changes, got married, had kids, got busy at work, or just didn't want to put forth the effort needed to race. The people that do race seem to prefer non technical courses.

There is still a core group of racers out there but this group is not quite large enough to entice promoters to host new races and the current races are seeing promoters question how much longer they want to host races.

What is needed is a larger population of racers. Tweaking race classes is not going to bring in new racers, that just shuffles the current population of racers around. Consolidating the H2H classes was needed to keep the series afloat and operate more efficiently with less numbers.

Folks come and go in racing, this is normal. The problem is they are going away but new ones are not coming in to replace those who leave. Answers to improving racing numbers revolve around getting new racers signing up for races. Do we offer easier courses for cat 3? Lower fees for those who sign up for 1st cat 3 race? Offer 2 for 1 fee? Give all cat 3 racers participation awards? Create a more festive, group ride atmosphere for beginners? Let them race on E-bikes?

Back
Top Bottom