2016 RSD Sergeant Complete Bike - Large, As New

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Moto

So I got a good deal on this frame and built it up for the heck of it. It's a large and doesn't fit me so I need to make some room for a new project. I put over 2K in this build. Parts include a Rockshox Yari 140mm boost fork, DT Swiss XM551 wheelset, Sram X9 1x10 speed drivetrain and Shimano SLX brakes. Tires are set up tubeless with Stan's.

Selling complete bike for $1,500 (w/o pedals)
IMG_2087.JPG
IMG_2091.JPG
IMG_2090.JPG
IMG_2089.JPG
IMG_2088.JPG

This is one of the new breeds of long travel hardtails built for trail and all mountain riding. It handles 27.5 Plus format with 40mm rims and 3.25" tires. I put those tires on to see if the frame can fit the bigger tires, which it does just fine. The frame is very versatile with sliding drop outs for adjusting chainstay length or running single speed.

The bike is essentially new with the exception of the wheels and a few other parts. You also get the added bonus of having this bike test ridden by @soundz and @C8N.

Here are the other specs:
Frame RSD Sergeant Aluminum Large / Blue
Wheelset DT Swiss XM551 Front 110 x 15 40mm, Rear 148 x 12 40 mm
Fork Rockshox Yari - Boost 27.5+140 mm
Headset Upper Cane Creek 44mm Headset Lower Cane Creek 56mm
Crankset Raceface Affect Cinch 175mm
Chainring One Up Cinch Oval 30T
Bashguard MRP XCg Bash
Bottom Bracket RacefaceTeam XC 68/73
Chain KMCX 10 Gold 10 Speed
Cassette SunRace CM11-42
Rear Derailleur Sram X9 clutch 10 Sp. Long Cage
Shifter Sram X9 10 Sp.
Brakes Shimano SLX
Stem Thomson Elite 50mm x 0
Handlebar Renthal 31.8 x .5 / 787mm
Grips ODI The Machine Gold
Seatpost KS Lev 30.8 Dropper Post
Seatpost Collar RSD 34.9
Tires, Vee Trax Fatty 27.5 x 3.25 120 tpi tubeless

Thanks.

I've seen this bike a few times and it looks better in person.
btw, I'm 5'9" and this bike fit me just fine as well

I've seen this bike a few times and it looks better in person.
btw, I'm 5'9" and this bike fit me just fine as well
These picture does not do justice to this bike.
I think I mentioned somewhere that when next to each other, this bike made my 2017 Giant Trance 2 look like garbage!

Oh man, I was just saying the other day that a 3-3.25 inch tire long travel hardtail would be awesome for a lot of the stuff I ride. But I just bought a new bike...

Damn, too bad it's a large and not a medium. But I guess if it was a medium you wouldn't be selling it. GLWTS.

Damn, too bad it's a large and not a medium. But I guess if it was a medium you wouldn't be selling it. GLWTS.
@C8N said that if felt small for a large. May need to sit in it and see how it fits.
I am 5'10 and I ride a 17 Giant Trance with 50mm stem.... or I did and a 15 Giant Talon with a 60mm stem. Both are large.
When I rode the RSD, I slapped on a 80mm stem and I felt a bit cramped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom