2015-16 Schedule Time

I am breaking radio silence to say this MAC rule just increased my interest in CX for the season. I hope others follow.
2/3/4 was way too broad a range.

Given that Marty's is only a single I'm sure they'll bump that date +1. At least that would make some sense.

Sir Heckles should send that up the flagpole to Marty's HQ.

Saw this last week but Eric who makes the final decision was away so I didn't want to bug him with a date change. We really wanted to use Saturday so we could set the course up Wed ish and get a few days to ride it in.

get this man a donut!

Sept 20 - Westwood CX
Sept 26 - Ludovici CX
Oct 3 - Cooper River CX
Oct 4 - Caffeinated CX
Oct 24 - Marty CX (same day as whirly, OUCH)
Nov 1 - Bubble CX
Given that Marty's is only a single I'm sure they'll bump that date +1. At least that would make some sense.

Sir Heckles should send that up the flagpole to Marty's HQ.
It is supposed to be the non Whirlybird day of that weekend. I will talk to Eric.

Hey @Superfly100guy

I am breaking radio silence to say this MAC rule just increased my interest in CX for the season. I hope others follow.
There was the 4/5 morning race. I liked the 2/3/4 format but am even more of a fan of a 4/5 and a 2/3 race (at least for the major events perhaps a separate 5 field)

The difference between a winning a Cat 2/3/4 race and surviving a UCI Elite 1/2/3 is pretty different. While I haven't been there yet Ive seen a lot of fast guys get eaten up in Elites. My teammate who upgraded last year told me there is a huge difference between the I work a real job elite races and the Pros.

There was the 4/5 morning race. I liked the 2/3/4 format but am even more of a fan of a 4/5 and a 2/3 race (at least for the major events perhaps a separate 5 field)

The difference between a winning a Cat 2/3/4 race and surviving a UCI Elite 1/2/3 is pretty different. While I haven't been there yet Ive seen a lot of fast guys get eaten up in Elites. My teammate who upgraded last year told me there is a huge difference between the I work a real job elite races and the Pros.

Heckler, how do you think this will affect the strength of the B field? I'm willing to bet not much. Weren't most of the fast guys we were racing against in MAC races CAT3 anyway?

Heckler, how do you think this will affect the strength of the B field? I'm willing to bet not much. Weren't most of the fast guys we were racing against in MAC races CAT3 anyway?
hey matt! when are we going to ride man?

Looks like only 5 of the top 20 MAC finishers are still cat 3 on cross results. That B field is going to stay almost as fast, there will just be more people graduating to elites sooner then they would have last year.

After a little more analysis this move makes a bit of sense. The Elite field is relatively small, at least for Nittany there are under 50 riders including DNFs. It just is going to suck a lot when upgrading from B to A for these big events. For someone with a full time job not 1000% into training its going to be rough racing the pros.

I really wish there was a competitive B+/A- class of non pro's. Your enthusiast working man's class if you will.

As long as you have someone to race, does it matter if you're at the top or bottom? I mean the only reason any of us are ever at the top of any class is because we didn't race the fastest class.
There is being at the bottom then there is getting lapped and pulled by JPow week after week while paying $10 more then I'm already paying.

I JUST WANNA RACE THE BIG EVENTS AND NOT GET PULLED WITHOUT INCREASING THE AMOUNT I TRAIN. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!?!

This is where you probably tell me to race local events or train more or stop complaining. BUT YOU'RE NOT MY DAD, I'LL DO WHAT I WANT. ;)

But seriously, the providence 2/3 race was my favorite of last year. It was fast and brutal and humbling without crushing my soul completely into oblivion. For me where my fitness and time available to train is this would be my dream class week after week.

Did you take out the trash yet?

I registered for Nittany in the Old as Shit class, btw. I'll be done with my race before you wake up.

Holy crap. 4/5 men is 7:30am. I guess you can do that if it's going to sell out regardless...

Back
Top Bottom