2010 Nationals- Sun Valley, July 14-17, 2011

sasquatch2

I'm wondering if anyone's gone to XC nationals before or is going for this year's? My son and I both qualified which is not very hard to do (top 15 in a qualifying state race) but junior-G really wants to go and I'm certainly not against it, my wife... might be a diff story! I checked the rules and I'm supposed to get a postcard or email which I haven't yet...

We'd have to get some trail rides in while we're out there, would be criminal to not!!!

Definitely going this year now that I'm close enough to drive.

Could be nice to add on a trip to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone while you're out there...

The possibility is there for me. I may be in Colorado for the month of July. I went to the nats in Sol Vista in 2009 and was at Mt. Snow for 2007.

I always take my son to the nationals. We will go 2011 as well. It is pretty fun. We were in Sol Vista.

I'm wondering if anyone's gone to XC nationals before or is going for this year's? My son and I both qualified which is not very hard to do (top 15 in a qualifying state race) but junior-G really wants to go and I'm certainly not against it, my wife... might be a diff story! I checked the rules and I'm supposed to get a postcard or email which I haven't yet...

We'd have to get some trail rides in while we're out there, would be criminal to not!!!

Definitely going this year now that I'm close enough to drive.

Where do you live? Last I checked Idaho is pretty far away about 2400 miles. Sol Vista was closer... oh man what a drive that was with a blown up knee from DH practice!

Where do you live? Last I checked Idaho is pretty far away about 2400 miles. Sol Vista was closer... oh man what a drive that was with a blown up knee from DH practice!

Fort Collins, CO, now. Sol Vista is only 2 hours away from me these days. Idaho is about 8... worth a weekend trip. Altitude training camp at my place for the NYCMTB-Peak Bikes team the week before nationals... ;)

DH Nat's are at Beech in NC this year- a much closer trip for you. Weird timing though.

sooooo, you moved from NYC to some fantastical mtb paradise??? I'm down in your home'y state of Florida for the holiday with the inlaws, didn't ya live down here at one point???

1st timer going to nationals

The Boy qualified as well. The Wife, The Boy and I are seriously considering going as our summer vacation.

I communicated with USA Cycling, they will be sending the invites shortly after the first of the year.

Cheers,

"slow" Joe

Back
Top Bottom