Colonoscopy, how long after...

Had mine yesterday. Removed 2 polyps. Sent off for biopsy. 2 week wait. Doc says 99% chance not cancerous.
The prep was downright horrible.
Great 15 minute nap.
Now I wait…. Again
Had a positive cologuard come back during the holidays which is why the colonoscopy. Had to wait almost 2 months to see my doc.
Doc said the product should be pulled off the market…. It’s that bad.

It’s ironic to me that the guy who says that product sucks also makes you wait 2 months to see him. And I doubt he was the guy doing the colonoscopy. So you wait 2 months to have him refer you to someone else. Perhaps I’m wrong or just sour on certain aspects of the medical industry.

Anyway, Good luck on the results.

Had mine yesterday. Removed 2 polyps. Sent off for biopsy. 2 week wait. Doc says 99% chance not cancerous.
The prep was downright horrible.
Great 15 minute nap.
Now I wait…. Again
Had a positive cologuard come back during the holidays which is why the colonoscopy. Had to wait almost 2 months to see my doc.
Doc said the product should be pulled off the market…. It’s that bad.
What doc? A Gastroenterologist or your primary?

It’s ironic to me that the guy who says that product sucks also makes you wait 2 months to see him. And I doubt he was the guy doing the colonoscopy. So you wait 2 months to have him refer you to someone else. Perhaps I’m wrong or just sour on certain aspects of the medical industry.

Anyway, Good luck on the results.
Yes you are 100% INCORRECT

GP ordered Cologuard.
He told me the results and suggested I schedule with gastro
to set up Colonoscopy as soon as possible. That was the fastest I could get in to see one. Called 4 different gastro docs.
Had the consult Monday. Doc was so cool and said since I had positive poop test he got me in yesterday which was awesome.
Gastro guy assured me that Colo guard sucks and that they have never had a positive cologuard have cancer when they scoped a patient. He said, mark my words, that product will be off the market in 2-3 years because of the amount of false positives. He is more worried about the negative results ( like I had 3 years ago) that come back when the patient could have a problem but they are walking around not knowing it for 3 years.

Very thankful that he got me in yesterday. He was an awesome dude and was absolutely the doc who scoped me.

Last edited:

GP ordered Cologuard.
to set up Colonoscopy as soon as possible. That was the fastest I could get in to see one. Called 4 different gastro docs.
Had the consult Monday. Doc was so cool and said since I had positive poop test he got me in yesterday which was awesome.
Gastro guy assured me that Colo guard sucks and that they have never had a positive cologuard have cancer when they scoped a patient. He said, mark my words, that product will be off the market in 2-3 years because of the amount of false positives. He is more worried about the negative results ( like I had 3 years ago) that come back when the patient could have a problem but they are walking around not knowing it for 3 years.

Very thankful that he got me in yesterday. He was an awesome dude and was absolutely the doc who scoped me.
Good luck with the results bud. My gastro said it didn’t look good and then referred me to an Oncologist for further testing. I would hope that they would rely on results from your bloodwork and a CT over Cologuard

Good luck with the results bud. My gastro said it didn’t look good and then referred me to an Oncologist for further testing. I would hope that they would rely on results from your bloodwork and a CT over Cologuard
They will go by the actual testing of the polyps to see if they are cancerous. Not by cologuard. Not by blood work, but by the actual polyp biopsy. He is very confident they are benign. I have pictures of both of them. And he reviewed with me how they removed them. He was very thorough.
Thanks

GP ordered Cologuard.

I stand corrected. Still sour on certain aspects of the medical industry. But, score one for the good guys.

Best line from the article I posted…

You spend several hours pretty much confined to the bathroom, spurting violently. You eliminate everything. And then, when you figure you must be totally empty, you have to drink another liter of MoviPrep, at which point, as far as I can tell, your bowels travel into the future and start eliminating food that you have not even eaten yet.

Back
Top Bottom